DoorDash is investing in Caviar, the premium marketplace for both Food Enthusiasts and Local Premium restaurants. As a Strategy & Operations Manager you will lead key growth and special operations initiatives that will help grow and improve Caviar.
You will lead merchandising for the Caviar consumer app working with product, drive our consumer promotions strategy working with marketing, own pricing initiatives and execute other mission critical cross-functional initiatives in key local markets.
In a typical day, you may craft a winning local strategy for one of our key markets, guide new product ideas or rollouts, run analytical rigorous experiments to optimize growth, dive into data to explain the performance of a promotion at the lowest level of detail, and make sure we never stop growing.What You'll Do
- Build — create strategy and execute go-to-market playbooks that drive growth
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of multiple programs and experiments.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything from our merchandising strategy to our promotions calendar
- Implement: Initiative, project manage and execute scalable programs that are impactful, ambiguous and challenging
- Influence – Work with our Product, Marketing, Markets, Operations, Analytics, Finance, and other DD teams to guide strategic projects and drive execution
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You are an excellent project manager. You independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, nimbly react to changing priorities and have strong communication skills that help you (and others) break through the clutter
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You always operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and answering the so-what. No job is beneath you.
- You roll up your sleeves. You have a bias towards action and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re a relationship-builder. You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of functions
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, strategy, marketing, e-Commerce, or operations (high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus)
- Proven track record of leading projects, working cross-functionally, and delivering on results
- Experience in an environment that is product or consumer-focused
- Excellent analytical abilities (strong proficiency with Excel required; SQL preferred)
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.