The Nifty Gateway COO will report to Gemini’s COO, and will oversee Nifty Gateway’s day-to-day operations with a focus on continuous improvement; s/he will be an aspiring business leader who can translate strategy (as developed by Nifty Gateway’s founders) into action across product development, business development, sales, support, and marketing to drive continued growth. They will ultimately be responsible for Nifty Gateway’s revenue growth and operating margins.
His or her immediate focus will be in building a foundation to efficiently scale the Nifty Gateway business, streamlining and unifying processes and work streams, bringing more structure and scalability, assisting with knowledge sharing and communications, tuning the org structure to ensure we are poised for future growth, and finally, working with the Founders in creating a forward-thinking and collaborative culture focused on growth metrics and accountability.
- Assume administrative and operational responsibilities from the Nifty Gateway founders to enable them to focus on vision, strategy, and market evangelism
- Create and oversee the operational infrastructure needed to support and enable aggressive growth and strong operating margins
- Create KPI metrics to monitor operational efficiency across the business. Determine performance reporting requirements and create dashboards and other reporting methods to inform the founders on drivers of overall business health
- Assess Nifty Gateway’s team structure and reporting lines and help drive refinements to improve performance and accountability for results
- Assist Nifty Gateway’s leadership in defining and iterating cultural elements of the team, and creating structures for keeping the culture present across functions, levels, and locations
- Work with Finance to assess costs and establish areas for cost improvement. Prepare, monitor and implement a budget and identify areas to streamline costs and monitor spending to drive continuous cost improvement and profitability
- Continually refine operational goals, objectives, and strategies to deliver consistent improvement for the operations of the Nifty Gateway business
Professional Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Proven ability to thrive in rapidly growing, tech-forward organizations; an adaptable, high-growth mentality; enjoys operating in an emerging industry with considerable ambiguity and an extremely high rate of growth
- Demonstrated success building and managing high-performing, cross-functional teams
- Experience running operational function(s) within companies that have successfully grown through different growth stages / inflection points
- Track record of operational and administrative efficiency and excellence; exceptional organizational skills
- Success introducing structure and process to a high-growth company to create scalability and efficiency (while not slowing things down)
- Natural ability to lead, inspire, and be decisive in times of change/ambiguity. Holds team accountable for results
- Ability to quickly build strong, constructive relationships based on trust and respect with fellow leaders and founders
- Strong people development skills highlighted by the ability to coach more junior colleagues, as well as peers
- Thrives in a low-ego, highly-collaborative environment
- Highly articulate with an ability to compellingly engage stakeholders both internally and externally
- Operates with the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Intrigued by the disruptive implications of crypto, NFTs, as well as Nifty Gateway’s mission - to make Nifties accessible to everyone.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Building the Future of Money is a global mission that promises to transform lives across borders, societies, and cultures. At Gemini, we know that our success is impossible without diverse teams who represent our end users, so we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know!