Chief of Staff (Stealth Venture) at Redesign Health
This is a Chief of Staff role at a stealth healthcare startup launching out of Redesign, on a mission to redefine child development by improving the family and provider experience, and coordinating care with technology.
About the Role
Advancing toward our goal of redefining child development care requires setting in motion a lot of different pieces throughout the business. As the Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for gathering those moving pieces and making them fit together – not unlike a puzzle. You will be involved in all facets of the business, from supporting our fundraising efforts, defining our real estate strategy to financial modeling.
This position will report directly to and partner extremely closely with the CEO. This is a great opportunity for a strategically-minded leader looking to help build a business from its earliest stage, and to shake up a historically stagnant industry.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a critical member of the founding team and play a key role in guiding overall company strategy and execution, reporting into the CEO.
- Support fundraising efforts, including building decks and organizing investor meetings.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, own and drive rollout strategy for new clinic locations.
- Own the strategic finance function of the business, establish a foundation for tracking business performance.
- Develop strong internal processes that will govern the business and facilitate communication across teams.
What you're like:
- 5 - 10 years of experience – part of which should be in investment banking, consulting, private equity, and the other part in a cross-functional role at a high-growth company.
- Hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheets) and presentation acumen (PowerPoint/Google Slides).
- Strong communicator – you can work effectively with multiple stakeholders and you know how to communicate with them to influence and support their decisions.
- Extremely organized – you’re meticulous about keeping track of your different projects.
- Self-aware – you know your superpowers but you’re not blind to your weak spots. You seek feedback and you have a growth mindset.
- Adaptable – you can wear multiple hats and you can know how to switch from one mindset to the other quickly.
Pay & perks:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid time off
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with $250mm+ in permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.