Chief of Staff at Narrativ
Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
About the Role:
Narrativ is seeking a high-energy, organized, analytical and motivated operational expert to handle a wide array of business tasks alongside our COO and Narrativ's broader Executive team. As Chief of Staff your key role will be assisting the COO in critical, day-to-day operational and executive work, to drive forward initiatives across Narrativ's Operations. We’ve scoped this role to enable our COO to work better, faster, and with more insight across the entire organization. This role will touch most aspects of Narrativ's Operations, with a particular focus in the short term on communications and culture.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, drive meaningful projects, and operate within the Executive levels of the organization to improve Narrativ's Operations.
- Work directly with our COO to manage and drive key operational initiatives across the business
- Design and implement key operational processes across the company, ensuring full alignment and accountability across the organization
- Prepare for key team and company wide meetings including Leadership Team meetings, Biweekly All Hands, and other ad-hoc strategy discussions
- Keep the COO accountable for her projects and commitments, while helping keep reports accountable to their key deliverables and results
- Collaborate with department leads to develop and track team-wide success metrics across our quarterly operations reviews
- Manage all planning sessions, check-ins, and review meetings alongside the COO
- Work directly with the COO to prepare data-driven updates for our CEO that support board presentations and shareholder updates as needed
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a Chief of Staff, Operations, Founder, or Strategy-related role
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills - you can develop and deliver engaging presentations, and run efficient and productive meetings
- Are a highly analytical, strategic, and creative thinker with strong business acumen and modeling skills
- Possess strong operational and strategy experience, preferably at a fast-growing company
- Have a demonstrated ability to drive business insights and operational improvement in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Have the ability to drive initiatives with minimal structure and be influential within the organization to garner internal support for initiatives
- Mission aligned, values driven
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.