Chief of Staff at Datadog
Datadog is a best-in-class SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. Built by engineers, for engineers, our monitoring and security platform is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops, and Security teams globally. Come join the team for an exciting opportunity to learn from top-level leaders and colleagues and grow alongside the company as we rapidly expand.
At Datadog, People Operations is more than just human resources—it’s a data-driven team dedicated to constantly improving the way we hire, develop, and support our most valuable asset: our people. Our People team are strategic problem solvers who work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog keeps scaling smoothly and remains a great place to work.
Datadog continues to grow at a very rapid clip in all dimensions (customers, staff, and revenue). We are looking for a Chief of Staff to the Chief People Officer (CPO) to ensure our ambitious People team roadmap moves forward swiftly to meet the needs of our hyper growth as we scale.
As our first-ever Chief of Staff to the CPO, you’ll be focused on identifying and leading key topics, making the organization more efficient, and enhancing project delivery.
- Be a sounding board to the CPO and People leaders on new ideas and roadmaps
- Make prioritization and decision-making more efficient and well-understood
- Take on M&A projects and integration. As we regularly acquire companies, we are building our M&A practice and need a PM to lead this strategic initiative
- Develop project management and data usage across all of the People team
- Monitor progress, follow through on action items, help pick owners and provide project management for the execution of plans
- Guarantee that internal meetings are well-run
- Deal with complex issues and ambiguous situations; reduce them to their simplest expression and drive for clear outcomes
- Collaborate with the People leaders to ensure effective execution of OKRs
- Ensure solid People budget management (headcount as well as spending)
- Ensure flawless engagement on all priorities
- Amplify the CPO’s communication internally and raise topics to them
- An HR professional with 15+ years of successful HR leadership experience
- Excellent at project management, driving projects to completion
- Great at leading and implementing change by understanding how organizations work and getting things over the finish line
- Highly organized, proactive, and efficient
- A problem solver who is proactive and very organized
- A critical thinker with demonstrated ability to find and weave data into the decision-making process, in order to simplify problems
- Driven, with an ability to switch contexts without losing focus
- Someone with great interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with the leadership team and across the company
- Strong analytically in Excel and data analysis
- PMP certification is ideal, but not required
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.