Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who seek to be a part of and continue building a high performing team - team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
We’re looking for someone who will work directly with the President (and the rest of the Executive Team) to help drive Transfix through its next stage of growth. This critical role will help the Executive Team prioritize, communicate, and make efficient decisions on key strategic issues.
The role will be a balance between strategy, operations, project and process management, execution, and will essentially be responsible for enabling the President to be as effective as possible in whatever capacity makes sense. The ideal applicant is a generalist who loves learning, is highly analytical and process-oriented, has strong management skills and demonstrates the following characteristics: quick thinking, high emotional intelligence, curiosity, low ego, intuition, passion for technology and strength of conviction to hold others accountable. The Chief of Staff must be comfortable in a highly visible role across all functions of the organization. We are looking for someone who is excited about the opportunity to grow within the role and within our organization over time. The President is looking for someone who wants to be a strategic partner for the long-haul. Accordingly, you will be given as much responsibility as you can handle and have incredible exposure to thinking about how to grow and expand a business and organization. You also need to excel at, and find joy in, creating order out of chaos, especially with constantly changing priorities. You should be able to create the systems needed to run the day-to-day more efficiently and should be able to create the space, over time, to focus on more strategic, special projects.
What you'll do:
- Assist the President to strategically align time with key priorities, milestones, deadlines, and decisions.
- Lead strategic initiatives that will help drive business growth and operational improvements, working with key executives. Identify and analyze opportunistic corporate and business development opportunities.
- Provide thought leadership and leadership on a variety of cross-functional projects. Using strong analytical, presentation, and communication skills, the Chief of Staff will lead projects and initiatives that cut across multiple departments at all levels.
- Provide support for financial and operational reporting and analysis
- Monitor and ensure key performance metrics are shared, communicated and delivered across the Executive and leadership teams
- Storytelling - able to engage all teams and help drive internal meeting content for company-wide events and ‘all hands’ meetings.
- Work closely with the President to strategize, plan for and develop presentations/materials for external use
- Improve and streamline communication across the organization
- Manage the creation/coordination of key presentations to the Executive Team and/or Board of Directors.
- MBA strongly preferred
- At least 8 years of work experience; 4+ years of experience working directly with an experienced Executive Team
- Startup experience, Consulting (e.g., McKinsey), Big Tech (e.g., Google, Facebook, Amazon), and/or Investment banking at a top company strongly preferred
- Adept project manager, a critical thinker with excellent commercial judgment, and an impressive written and verbal communicator with robust organizational and analytical skills, including expertise with financial modeling.
- Strategic thinker, data-driven and analytical in approach to solving problems; strong financial fundamentals
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Strong cross-functional leader and influencer, able to drive/inspire change and key results
- Tech and web-savvy with the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- High level of integrity and management of confidential information
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.