Chief of Staff at EquityZen
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We're looking for a Chief of Staff to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets. If you are looking to take your career to the next level by working side-by-side with our CEO as he leads the company to the next level, we’d love to hear from you.
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the CEO, this person will work on anything and everything he would undertake if he had more time including leading strategic initiatives, providing cross-functional team oversight, measuring team performance, developing and working on special projects and more.
- Assist CEO in making effective decisions even when faced with imperfect information, crunched timeline, and finite resources.
- Conduct detailed research on a wide range of projects and distill takeaways into succinct, salient points.
- Gather, clean, and analyze data for quick sanity-checks as well as deep dives.
- Own project management of timely preparation and creation of presentation materials for audiences ranging senior and junior EquityZenners, Board of Directors, investors, partners, and the public.
- Juggle responsibilities that range from daily/weekly administrative matters (such as preparing internal and external communication on behalf of the CEO, meeting agendas and project managing internal stakeholders) to green-field strategic initiatives stretching multiple quarters.
- Pose (and help answer) questions while context-switching across topics (organization, industry, markets) and altitudes (big picture/strategy as well as execution details).
- Develop a deep understanding of venture capital, late-stage startups, early-mid stage business building, private capital markets, and securities law.
- Attend meetings, internally and externally, on behalf of CEO, represent his viewpoints and report back to ensure alignment.
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 2+ years' experience in a highly analytical role involving structured problem solving such as consultant, banker, lawyer, investment analyst, etc.
- 1+ years' operating experience (i.e. not as a consultant, but "in house")
- 5+ years' of corporate professional experience
- Undergraduate degree
- MBA or equivalent professional experience
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- High aptitude and ability to rapidly self-teach on a wide range of topics
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional project management skills
- Prior experience with handling and exercising discretion over sensitive matters and material
- Direct and concise verbal and written communication skills
- 1+ years at firm growing from 50 to 250 employees
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL and Python
- Four-year Engineering degree
- Founder of company that has grown over 1.5 years
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.