Chief of Staff at Vise
Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff that will play an integral role in helping steer the organization’s most important initiatives with efficiency while maintaining the operational aspects of the business, owning processes and projects to ensure strategic objectives are met. This role will report to our Co-founder, and will be responsible for leading and managing a variety of strategic projects that will be critical to how Vise scales.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.What you will own
- Represent the perspective and values of our founder across the organization and before external clients
- Lead strategic programs cross functionally to support our ambitious goals
- Steer alignment around setting strategy, forming a plan with clear goals and asks, executing and monitoring progress.
- Identify issues across the organization and create initiatives to solve them.
- Deliver cost/benefit and risk analyses, identify dependencies and push prioritization discussions to ensure people leadership is making informed, aligned decisions and commitments.
- Partner across different functions in the company on key initiatives
- Manage presentation material for leadership and board meetings
- 4+ years of experience at top-tier management consulting firm or financial services firm
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and steer multiple concurrent projects to success using data to track progress along the way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;; ability to work well with executives, and able to manage and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources.
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a hyper-growth company.
- Financial experience and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- Understands and can anticipate the needs of the leadership team and the wider organization.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.
- Action oriented with excellent work ethic and initiative.
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.