Chief Supply Chain Officer
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global Supply Chain team is a critical function that supports the planning, sourcing, quality, mass production, manufacturing, and inventory management for all products that we make. The specific functions within this team’s domain include Manufacturing (we have an owned blade manufacturer in Germany), Sourcing, Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), and Quality. In short, the Supply Chain team is accountable for making and ensuring the quality of everything that we produce.
About the Role
This person will lead our global Supply Chain organization, which includes Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing, S&OP, and Quality, to execute successfully against our ambitious business plans. The Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO) will build the infrastructure (people, process, and technology) that will allow us to continue to scale across multiple channels, geographies, product categories, and brands in the years to come.
As one of the most senior executives at the company, the CSCO will provide enterprise leadership and help define, guide, cascade, and translate Harry’s strategy and values to the entire company. She or he will serve as the voice (and partner on behalf of) Supply Chain throughout the organization.
Here's what you'll accomplish within the first 12 months:
- Ensure global operational priorities are clearly defined and aligned across all teams with objective metrics to measure success and drive accountability
- Identify organizational/talent opportunities and gaps within first 6 months and lay out hiring and individualized development plans to support organizational evolution through 2019
- Ensure 100% on time and in full deliveries to all key retail partners throughout 2018 and 2019
- Align priorities, identify gaps, and provide resources to ensure new products are launched on time, hit all quality specs, and meet forecasted supply goals
- Increase inventory turns and manage cash on hand effectively
- Develop and implement a scalable sourcing strategy, including network mapping, building infrastructure, and beginning to establish a clear sourcing strategy across our portfolio
- Achieve annual cost-down targets across all major SKUs (including SKUs manufactured at our owned manufacturing site) while maintaining highest quality standards
These qualities might describe you:
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-versed in all of the minutiae of the businesses you run. You trust and empower your team, however, you always know the data yourself.
- Always reliable. You ALWAYS deliver on time and in full on your commitments
- Cares deeply about mentoring and developing people. Looks forward to 1:1s with directs and skip levels and is personally invested in everyone on the team’s professional and personal development
- Problem solver. You can look at a complicated problem and work to diagnose the root cause(s) from a technical, organizational, talent, and process perspective. You enjoy engaging at a deep level to find solutions, and you always follow-through thoroughly with clear expectation setting.
- Radically candid. You always tell the entire truth in a direct, specific and unemotional way
- High emotional intelligence. You have a keen understanding for people’s motivations, aspirations and fears and you are able to use that intelligence to drive desired outcomes
- A true enterprise leader who is able to manage with a growth focus while remaining diligent about zero defect execution. You view constituency as the entire organization, not just Supply Chain or the senior team.
Background and experience:
- 15+ years of experience managing teams across a broad swath of operational functions, including strategic sourcing, manufacturing, S&OP, and quality
- Has served as a senior executive in an operational leadership role at a large FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) organization.
- Additional experience at a smaller company is ideal, preferably in a faster moving, higher growth environment
- Significant experience working in a manufacturing environment, either as a Plant General Manager or in another management or operational context
- Experience leading sourcing/procurement, S&OP, and Quality
- Experience living and working globally (ideally in Germany and/or Asia) and managing global teams
- Experience managing large, multi-functioning teams (4+ direct reports in 25+ organizations)
- Experience managing operational functions for multiple brands simultaneously
- German or Mandarin language skills a significant plus
Who you will work with:
- You’ll serve as a key member of the executive leadership team, liaising directly with the Board of Directors, CEO, senior partners, and the Global Supply Chain team (including our owned manufacturing site in Germany)
- You will also serve as the voice of the Global Supply Chain team throughout the organization, to partners at all levels of the organization and across all geographies (US, UK, Germany, Asia, and beyond)
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.