Client Onboarding Associate
Stash is investing, simplified. We are an investing platform that makes it easy for anyone to start with as little as $5. Through empowering our users with education and guidance, we help investors learn the basics so they can do it themselves. At Stash, we are working toward a future where investors are as diverse as our world.
As the Client Onboarding Associate, you will be involved in all facets of Stash's customer onboarding program. This hire will work closely with stakeholders across the company (Product, Engineering, Customer Experience, Compliance) to ensure effective onboarding of clients pursuant to regulatory requirements and Stash's policies and procedures. In order to be successful, the Client onboarding Associate will need to have a strong understanding of the regulatory environment, including customer identification and anti-money laundering rules, to identify risk and escalate concerns while ensuring to protect the firm and the clients.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with “Know Your Customer” regulations
- Develop expertise in the Firm’s Anti Money Laundering and Customer Identification Program
- Approve the opening of new accounts through the deployment of rules based models as well as manual reviews
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and work with third-party vendors to manage and maintain requirements and algorithmic models
- Design procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
- Devise and implement process improvement efficiencies
- Timely and effective escalation of potential issues and devising possible resolutions
- Develop reporting and monitoring framework to identify issues and implement efficiencies
- Perform risk-based reviews of client accounts and client account activity
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years in similar client onboarding and/or KYC onboarding role. Retail onboarding experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects
- Proven analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Interest in fintech, startups, or high growth organization
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Series 7 or Series 99 license
- Experience with SQL
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.