Truveris is a leading digital health company focused on delivering truth and clarity in pharmacy. Truveris’ proprietary technology, coupled with deep pharmacy expertise, helps to build a more efficient market that maximizes choice, accessibility and prescription drug affordability. Our solutions provide the insight and knowledge to help people lead healthier and more productive lives. For more information on our solutions, visit www.truveris.com.
This position is not eligible to be performed remotely from Colorado.
Truveris is looking for a Client Services Director to serve as a PBM Pricing and Contracting subject matter expert (SME) to oversee and advise on the procurement process for our clients and broker partners using our products TruGuard, TruBid and TruAudit. As a Client Services Director, you support the Account Management and Operations Teams through the RFP process, leading financial review of proposals, and providing guidance on short and long-term pricing strategies. This role will be responsible for nurturing client relationships as a trusted advisor and developing innovative strategies to meet client-specific needs and cultivate strong relationships, as well as contribute to new business development via client referrals and leads. Additionally, the Client Services Director will assist sales activities, developing subject matter content and assist product in identifying roadmap priories.
The Client Services Director, PBM Pricing & Contracting is a remote-based position. Preferred candidates will be based in the west region or comfortable with supporting client in the pacific time zone.
- Participate and provide PBM underwriting guidance and expertise, both internally and externally, during client RFP / procurement process including negotiating and executing PBM contracts
- Attend and present at RFP results meetings and PBM finalist meetings
- Attend client strategy meetings including renewal discussions
- Assist with market checks, including interactive discussions with PBMs
- Review, analyze and interpret the results of Truveris's client-specific reports, providing insights into trends and summarize findings for clients in executive reports
- Review of PBM presentations and provide strategies for clients to address with the PBM
- Advise clients on industry-specific data and insights to provide actionable recommendations
- Advise and assist Client Services team on client retention efforts
- Provide sales support (e.g., presentations, broker meetings, industry updates)
- Support quality assurance process and reliability of procurement and contract adherence tools
- Ensure PBM pricing tactics and various pricing methodologies are incorporated into Truveris tools and accurately assessed
- Provide input and new product ideas to Product Development to enhance ROI and client satisfaction
- Work with operations to enhance client savings and ensure best in class pricing
- Cultivate new business through strong client relationships
- Provide PBM pricing training and coaching to Account Management and other internal teams without industry background
- Client Services professional with 8-10 years of experience in the PBM industry with a focus on vendor procurements for the last 3 years
- Strong project management and quality assurance skills
- Strong experience working collaboratively within teams
- Experience managing multiple deliveries under strict time constraints
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a demanding work environment
- Experience partnering with and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience analyzing PBM data and plan information
- Consulting with clients on PBM contracts, trends, and recommendations to address
- Ability to perform high-level financial and administrative analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and client presentation skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience usinf MS Office, MS Teams and MS OneDrive
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Economics or Business. MBA a plus.
Truveris provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please review our CCPA/CPRA policies here.
Read Full Job Description