WHO ARE WE?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account, which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. We have built a digital-first platform designed to reset the bar to power a $30T industry.
Our focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of our financial services partners with the help of payroll providers. We make the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, financial advisors get to provide the advice and solution that employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution design for their needs without the headache, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-yr old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking an energetic and reliable professional to join our team as a Client Service Associate. Successful candidates will be responsible for answering incoming client emails and calls, utilizing company policies to solve client issues, and escalating challenges to the managerial team when necessary.
Our Associates are often the first point of contact for customers, so we are interested in hiring individuals with a commitment to customer satisfaction and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions. Those who work tirelessly through the lens of hospitality and customer service jump to the front of the line.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Partner with a Client Success Manager to manage a book of business consisting of advisors and sponsors to ensure their servicing needs are being met and assist with administration issues
- Manage client expectations to avoid any disconnects with process and timing standard
- Ensure collaboration with all internal parties while communicating to clients
- Lead and/or attend scheduled client conference calls to provide plan status and updates on remediation of any client issues
- Being the friendly, knowledgeable first point of contact for inbound inquiries
- Conducting appropriate and timely follow up to ensure the highest level of service
- Communicating in a relatable, humanized way to promote trust and allegiance
- Creating tickets and providing follow-up as required
- Adhering to client-facing and internal Service Level requirements
- Handling complaints, troubleshooting problems, and providing solutions
- Effectively gathering and analyzing information while using reason and good judgment to solve client problems
- Researching with the Vestwell team, as needed, to resolve inbound inquiries and respond to clients within promised deadlines
- Providing complete/accurate responses issued with empathy and understanding
- Posting interaction within our tooling to document updates to client accounts
- College degree and some customer service experience preferred
- Team mentality and the ability to multitask while attending to a high volume of incoming inquiries
- Develop and maintain a strong business partnership with Plan sponsor and vendors
- Strong time management skills to ensure the timeliness of all proactive and reactive communications
- Strong commitment to superior customer service
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Proficiency is required with Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, and browsing network directories as we are a paperless office
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, proficient with numbers and basic calculations
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We also have a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options in midtown Manhattan so you can be as productive as possible, and we hope to be back there once we’ve beaten this virus. In the meantime, we provide the team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!