COMPANY: Canoe Intelligence
TITLE: Client Success Associate
LOCATION: New York, NY / Remote
Canoe is looking for a Client Associate to support the firm’s client success efforts including: onboarding, support, training and relationship management. You will work directly with Client Executives and play a crucial role in delivering a first-class experience to our clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop product and industry knowledge and be capable of articulating and understanding Canoe’s value proposition.
- Provide day-to-day service via email and phone to Canoe clients in organizations spanning the asset management spectrum.
- Respond to client questions, collect feedback and solve or escalate issues.
- Follow and develop internal processes to execute data onboardings in an organized, accurate and timely fashion.
- Educate users on Canoe functionality.
- Demonstrate an ability to differentiate between various alternative investments (such as Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds) and document types (such as Capital Account Statements and Fact Sheets).
- Improve and manage internal reporting dashboards.
- Attend meetings and provide support to senior team members as needed.
- Ensure CRM is up to date with relevant notes.
- Deliver high-quality results that have a material positive impact on client success.
- Set, manage, and communicate customer expectations – both internally and externally.
- Create an experience for our customers that transcends the standard customer-vendor relationship.
- Turn customers into life-long Canoe advocates.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent communication, project management and organization skills.
- Desire to work in a fast growing, client-facing and project management oriented role.
- Interest in financial technology software and the financial services industry.
- Familiarity with Private Equity and Hedge Funds terminology is a plus.
- 1-2 years of work experience.
What's The Process?
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview(s), In Person Interview(s), and a Project.
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
Who We Are:
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly-frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.