Client Success Manager
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $11 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about adding a Client Success Manager to our client-facing team who is passionate about our mission to change the retirement FinTech space. At a high level, we’re looking for someone to be the primary point person for guiding a plan sponsor through the process of onboarding and administering their plan with Vestwell. Ideally, you have spent 3-8 years working with advisors, sponsors, recordkeepers and/or TPAs doing plan designs and managing the conversion and onboarding process.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
A key component of Vestwell’s mission to empower retirement savings is to make the process of setting up and running a plan easy and painless. As a Client Success Manager your will play a key role is understanding the sponsors goals and how those translate into an effective plan design and setup process. Your goal will be to ensure each Plan Sponsor with Vestwell finds the proceess of having a retirement plan a key part of their benefits package.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of the implementation process and successfully transition new plans
- Coordinate with financial advisors, plan sponsors, prior record keepers, and/or third party administrators to determine conversion timeline and action items with delivery dates for all parties
- Manage client expectations to avoid any disconnects with process and timing standards
- Lead Plan Design process to ensure plan features are in line with the sponsor's expectations
- Ensure collaboration with all internal parties while communicating to clients
- Lead and/or attend scheduled client conference calls to provide plan status and updates to implementation process
- Support the creation and maintenance of the wiki and knowledge-base
- Assist Product Team with product specifications
- 3-5 years defined contribution experience including Client Service, Plan Administration, Compliance, Plan Design and/or Conversion experience for 401(k) and/or 403(b) plans
- Develop and maintain strong business partnership with financial advisors, Plan sponsor and vendors
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong commitment to superior customer service
- Experience in successfully handling bulk plan conversions
- Understanding of the entire conversion process from point of sale to release of conversion data
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Proficiency is required with Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, and browsing network directories as we are a paperless office
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, proficient with numbers and basic calculations
- Knowledge of one or more recordkeeping systems like Sungard Relius.
- Series 7, 65, 66 license.
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) credential
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!