Client Success Operations Manager
Do you dream about building strategy and executing on it? Are your favorite stories told by data? Do you geek out at the chance to research and implement new technology and processes to solve problems? Do you think in Excel formulas? Are you as passionate about customers as we are? If so, this is the job for you!
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC, and our goal is to streamline the moving process for all 17 million households who move each year in America. To pull this off, we work with relocation professionals including real estate brokerages, property management companies, mortgage companies, moving companies, and more.
Our happy client base is growing at the speed of light and we need a few extra hands on deck! We have moving trucks full of data and we’re looking to bring someone onto our team to help us organize, analyze, and optimize all of this info. As a Client Success Operations Manager, you’ll be behind the scenes analyzing numbers and client feedback, determining where our resources should be invested, rolling out processes and gaining insights that we don’t yet have in order to make strategic decisions. We’re looking for someone who’s ready to roll back their sleeves and dazzle us with data. If you believe that building dashboards is the key to us keeping our clients happy, then we want you on our team!
What you’ll do:
Enable the team
- Detect early signals of at-risk renewals, help design playbooks, and provide paths to escalation
- Define and manage touch points along the customer lifecycle, to drive optimal time to value & adoption, high retention rates and a high net promoter score (per defined team goals).
- Facilitate sharing best practices with each other and with clients
- Operationalize the onboarding curriculum for new team members
- Coordinate customer outreach campaigns
- Align with other Client Success teams to resolve major cases and report bugs to the Engineering team
- Provide feedback to Sales on the readiness of our customers
- Help the Client Success team overcome any delays in implementation
- Coordinate with Client Success and Marketing on many communications
Own the data
- Build reports for executives and company on past results and forecasts, e.g. through dashboards and presentations to guide decision making
- Analysis: Track leading indicators of customer health (adoption data), renewals and expansions, analyze to understand what’s working/not working AND develop plays to address at-risk scores.
Implement and administer systems
- Implement, manage and become proficient with the tools that are used by Success to maximize the team’s efficiency. These includes current tools as well as future tools.
- Ensure alignment between Client Success and Technical Operations
- Manage implementation and strategy for Customer Success Management software and its integrations with external resources.
Who you are:
- Retention: Help maintain a high retention rate by putting the right processes in place to regularly track and review client health.
- Product Adoption: Assist the rest of the CS department to increase product adoption and conversion rates by assisting in implementing the right tools and processes.
- Customer satisfaction. Responsible for measuring and tracking client satisfaction.
- Client Comprehension: Understand our client's business priorities and what they perceive as value across the various channels. Develop materials for regular QBRs and additional initiatives to drive client retention.
- Client Health Management: Continually identify, measure and monitor success criteria to understand health of the client relationship. Report on key contributing factors that could indicate risk of churn.
- Customer Lifecycle Experience: Ensure an optimal and consistent client experience at every stage of the client lifecycle for all of our clients across all of our client channels. Enable the Success team with materials and resources necessary to deliver best practices, recommendations and training necessary for success.
- Project Management: Oversee team projects by managing internal tasks across teams and ensure we are meeting deadlines with the highest degree of quality. Properly communicate and set the right expectations both internally and externally.
- Problem Solving: Address immediate issues first and then focuses on resolving the larger process/product problem. Ensure that items are resolved in a timely manner and sets the right expectations.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Full understanding of best practices as related to the role and regularly shares their expertise with others.
- Process Improvements: Consistently seek ways to improve processes and improve the level of service with a growing customer base
- Technical Knowledge: Maintain a good understanding of the Updater product and the supporting technologies in order to be able to assist the Success team as needed.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.