Client Support Coordinator
Do you open doors for strangers or offer your seat on the subway to someone who needs it? Does a well-defined process make your heart flutter? If you love making other people's lives easier, we want you on our team.
Updater is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in NYC, and our goal is to streamline the moving process for all 17 million households who move each year in America. To pull this off, we work with relocation professionals including real estate brokerages, property management companies, mortgage companies, moving companies, and more.
As our Client Support Coordinator, you’ll be on the frontline to provide support for our clients and internal team members. A typical day will include troubleshooting product issues, responding to user inquiries via phone and email, and assisting with various tasks to support our clients. This is a newly created role here at Updater - as the first person in this role, you will be part of helping to define the processes and build out the tools to help us support and respond to our clients. You will be exposed to all things Client Success at an incredible NYC start-up, which will open doors for your career at Updater and more broadly, New York technology companies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the first point of contact for Updater’s clients and respond to all inbound inquiries through Zendesk, email, and other channels
- Gain a deep understanding of the different client channels and their unique challenges
- Escalate issues to Engagement Managers and Client Success Managers that require additional technical expertise
- Create support articles and macros for common issues that arise to quickly address inquiries
- Assist the Engagement Managers & Marketing Team in building out our client Resource Center
- Provide clear and frequent updates to all parties on the progress of ongoing issues
- Think on your feet to devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise
What We Expect From You
- Ideally, 1 year of experience in a client/customer-facing support position or relevant experience
- We are open to other relevant experience and will teach you the ropes to ensure you are successful!
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and proactive problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience
- Strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail
- PERSONALITY! We’re looking for a captivating and engaging people person – you’re passionate about what you do, and you want the whole world to know it!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater was named a top 100 Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC twice and was ranked as the highest-rated tech company on the list in 2016. In 2019, Updater was named as one of Built-In NYC’s Best Places to Work. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.