Client Support Specialist at Yext
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is in the process of building out a world-class Support organization and is looking for dedicated self-starters to help our largest clients take their search experience to the next level! The Client Support Team is a group of technically savvy, social people who enjoy helping customers and solving complex problems. Core responsibilities include assisting our Clients on the Yext platform, solving advanced technical issues in real-time, and providing innovative suggestions.
As a Client Support Specialist you will be working alongside a diverse set of enterprise clients who have made an investment in Yext to manage their search experience across a network of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines. Your role is to support these clients' post-sale technical relationship by becoming a technical specialist in Yext products, internal processes, and the needs of our customers. Yext provides a very multifaceted environment with a lot of opportunities for you to expand your skill set and grow.
The ideal candidate is proactive, positive, curious and flexible, a person open to new ideas and ways of working.
What You’ll Do
- Provide post-implementation technical and consultative support, that is prompt, friendly and accurate, to our SMB, Partner, and Enterprise clients via email, phone, and chat
- Develop ticket management strategies and ensure all SLA agreements are met
- Provide platform configuration and data management services to our clients and partners
- Evaluate reported product and publisher issues to diagnose and deliver accurate, valid and complete information to our customers, flagging bugs to internal Yext teams.
- Identify and surface trending customer/product issues, drive UI/UX improvements and new functionality by surfacing client feedback to Product with a focus on potential solutions.
- Help improve efficiency by creating Macros for repeat requests and contributing to new articles on the Help Center.
- Specialize in a product or a feature and become a domain specialist by attending training sessions and documenting new features and behaviors.
- Work cross-functionally with Client Success Managers, Platform Services, and technical teams at Yext to deliver exceptional service, and ensure we are exceeding client expectations - every time!
- Ideate, build and scale new ways of thinking about the value we are bringing to clients as well as our internal operational efficiency.
- Serve as a mentor/coach to more junior members of the PS&S team, including interns
- Maintain a focus on excellence by meeting or exceeding quarterly targets including Quality Assurance (QA), Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), productivity (solves/AHT)
- Be a client-facing representative of Yext and ensure professionalism, actively listening and understanding the needs of our clients, and ensuring a solution-oriented approach.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education
- 1+ years of professional work experience, ideally in a customer support/contact center environment
- Proficient in data analysis and manipulation
- Advanced knowledge of excel, SQL is a plus
- Knowledge of Zendesk
- Strong problem-solving orientation
- Detail-oriented, organized, process-driven
- The ability to think creatively about, analyze, and understand complicated and abstract ideas, working with a solutions-orientated approach to solve issues.
- A knack for synthesizing technical concepts into digestible bits of information and effectively convey this information to others
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with an ability to communicate complex issues internally, across departments and to our Enterprise clients
- Customer-facing experience preferred (retail, hospitality, online support, etc.)
- Evidence of leadership, outstanding track record, and/or peer recognition that separate you from others.
- Ability to work quickly, independently and accurately in a fast-paced environment, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to a broad range of requesters, plus innate follow-up skills
- Strong computer skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and learn new programs, products and procedures
- Ability to work 40 hours/week and overtime as needed
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.