Clinical Patient Caller RN (Per Diem Contract)
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster. We’re reimagining the clinical trial by introducing a new model, using technology to streamline every aspect of the trial. To fulfill our mission, we partner with pharma, biotech, and digital health companies to run studies faster and more efficiently.
About the role
Our Clinical Operations team at TrialSpark is looking for a Clinical Patient Caller (RN) to work on a per diem basis. This position will be integral to our Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) team and to the success of our clinical trials.
As a clinical patient caller, you'll be responsible for performing chart reviews and assessing patients for eligibility in our current clinical studies. Once a patient is enrolled in the study, you would help guide them through the clinical trial process, helping building their trust in TrialSpark and being a true patient advocate. You will also do safety assessments throughout the duration of the study. This position will be for 10-20 hours a week fully remote, with some flexibility for you to set your own hours but with strong possibility of working during evenings/weekend to accommodate the patients.
Your day-to-day activities will include contacting prospective participants for our trials over the phone, following up on their questions, managing ongoing patient relationships, solicit any additional AEs and helping coordinate next steps for patients who are deemed eligible for our studies.
- Current valid Registered Nursing License required (NY State preferred)
- Bachelor of Science degree (Nursing preferred)
- 2+ years Nursing experience (or Clinical experience)
- Experience performing phone assessments
- Ability to build and nurture relationships
- Ability to interact and collaborate with many departments/divisions within TrialSpark
- Comfortable quickly establishing rapport and providing empathetic support on the phone
- Track record of high quality, detail oriented work - willing to dig in, be curious, and get to the right solution
- You are excited about working in a growing and changing start-up environment, and have a high comfort level with technology
Nice to have: Infectious Diseases experience, Clinical Research experience, fluency in Spanish
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.