Clinical Terminologist (Contractor) at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Clinical Terminologist to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
This contract position will require up to 35 hours of work each week and is expected to last for up to two (2) years. Here's what you need to know about the role.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll support the Health Informatics team in harmonizing data from external sources to our EMR and managing centralized terminology sets/mappings. You will work with Flatiron’s Health Informatics team to ensure that our data is of the highest quality. In this contract position, you’ll also:
- Perform semantic mapping of clinical or administrative data (i.e. laboratory results) to a standard reference terminology or a Flatiron clinical code set
- Create and maintain content in Flatiron’s clinical terminology service (Symedical) enabling Flatiron Teams to access centralized data for product support and enhancement
- Develop related process documents
- Perform quality assurance on clinical mappings
- Track terminology mapping assignments and progress
- Support terminology migration projects as requested
- Maintain and update the centralized content library controlling all of Flatiron’s central data/value sets
Who You Are
You're a clinical terminologist with 2+ years of clinical or laboratory experience. You have a great clinical grasp of lab result interpretation, excellent communication skills, strong organization skills, and are detail-oriented. You are excited about and not afraid to learn new technologies. You have experience using standard terminologies and have knowledge of interoperability standards. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You hold a degree in Nursing (R.N., A.P.N), P.A.-C., Pharm D. and have 2+ years clinical experience OR
- You are a Laboratorian (B.S. with MLS certification) and have 3+ years laboratory experience
- You have experience with standard controlled vocabularies and terminologies - LOINC and SNOMED
- You have experience with HL7 v2 messages
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience working with Symedical - Clinical Architecture’s terminology management system
- You have experience working with Electronic Health Record system(s) - e.g. Epic, MOSAIQ, Varian, Cerner
- You have knowledge or experience with SQL (beginner to intermediate)
- You have knowledge of other HL7 standards (CCD-A, FHIR)
- You have knowledge of clinical oncology, oncology data, and oncology related data sets.
Why You Should Join Our Team
Working with Flatiron offers you a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
Flatiron Health does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
This is not an offer of employment with Flatiron.