We're looking for a hands-on clinical data expert to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Medical Informatics team to analyze data. We are looking for a candidate who will be excited about harmonizing clinical data through healthcare IT standardization and is passionate about how data interoperability is transforming patient care. In this role, you will be developing creative ways to explore, organize, and leverage the clinical and billing data in our systems. In addition, you'll also:
- Curate, analyze, manage, and harmonize clinical and payer-related data from multiple applications
- Standardize clinical and billing data to clinical and payer-related controlled vocabularies and classifications
- Expand and adapt ontologies when existing standards fall short
- Work with a team of product managers, software engineers, and clinicians to identify, design, and implement clinical and payer-related data and terminology across Flatiron products
- Be a data interoperability standards and terminology expert on our team.
- Collaborate with technical and clinical cross-functional product teams.
Who You Are
You're an analytical thinker with 2+ years of experience harmonizing clinical data and tackling one of the most complex medical and technological challenges of our time. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 2-5 years of hands-on experience curating and extracting data from databases, analyzing data, and/or integrating terminologies, preferably in a healthcare IT environment
- You have a Bachelor's or graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Bioinformatics, or Medical/Healthcare Informatics, or a degree in a clinical subject with substantial technical experience
- You have experience in analyzing and developing information models
- Understanding of databases and familiar with SQL
- You can quickly learn new software technologies and tools that help us better analyze, manage, and organize standardized content.
- You have In-depth knowledge of standard classifications and codesets used in medical coding and billing schemes, such as ICD-10, LOINC, CPT, and HCPCS
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Extra Credit (Optional to add extra credit)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (R.N., A.P.N.) or P.A.-C. plus technical experience or combination of Technical/Informatics degree and clinical experience
- Strong proficiency in SQL
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.