Closing Administrative Assistant
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Closing Administrative Assistant to join the closing team, working closely with other team members as well as Better’s various investors. You will handle a variety of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Receiving and sorting all inbound mail addressed to the closing department
- Tracking shipments of original signed closing packages to ensure signed closing packages are received as soon as possible post-funding
- Identifying, separating, endorsing and distributing original signed promissory notes to our warehouse banks post-funding in a timely fashion
- Sorting and distributing original recorded Deeds of Trust to our investors post loan-purchase
- Corroborating and mailing/emailing final title policies to our investors as requested
- Responsible for ad-hoc original document requests [i.e. searching original closing package for missing original documents and scanning in for closing team]
- Responsible for scanning and mailing post-funding cure checks to borrowers as requested by the post-closing team
- Organizing and storing original closing packages [once Note has been removed and mailed to warehouse] from the point of closing package receipt to the point of loan purchase
- Shredding original closing packages post loan purchase
- Ad-hoc requests related to investor closing document requests that involve mailing physical documents [i.e. Allonges etc.]
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it
simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this
stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.