Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is looking for a Closing Team Lead to join us here in our NYC office. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow as a leader and has ambitions to lead a closing team. This person will be a leader on the team who will help support and mentor new employees, while handling their own production flow and pipeline of loans.Responsibilities will include:
As Better's Closing Team Lead, your responsibilities will be wide in scope. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways
- Help coach and lead closing associates with a focus on driving production, pipeline management, operational improvement and general support
- Drive new initiatives to help improve our customer experience
- Maintain a pipeline of loans with our advanced full stack mortgage platform; collect and review all components of mortgage loans for accuracy
- Act as the primary point of contact to our customers through the final required steps to secure funding; provide clarity on the terms of the loan and set expectations for closing with borrowers and relevant third-parties involved
- Effectively handle loan closing timelines; prepare and review financial information and documentation; facilitate the completion of required closing documents
- Partner with internal teams and third parties to ensure a smooth and efficient loan process
- Spend time with the mortgage operations team; help answer questions and facilitate knowledge and resource sharing to constantly improve and evolve internal processes and standard methodologies
- 3+ years of direct closing or mortgage operations management experience
- Strong understanding of production flow and pipeline projections
- High empathy and customer-centric attitude
- Proven demonstrations of improvement and tangible results
- A proven leader and mentor
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Highly adaptable and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.