We’re looking for a Cloud Financial Operations Manager to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you'll join the IT Operations team and manage Flatiron’s AWS and SaaS spend and use. You will be responsible for oversight and management duties that optimize our costs & boost savings, maximize use of our tools, and ensure compliance with our subscriptions & contracts. You will manage the procurement process for new contracts, renewals, negotiations, and true-ups. In addition, you’ll also:
- Execute on a strategy that ensures we have the tools and processes to govern the use and costs of AWS, our monitoring and logging tools, and our SaaS applications
- Collaborate with Finance, Engineering, Product, and IT to drive cost savings initiatives and processes
- Drive the adoption and use of our AWS and SaaS management tools; build reporting to identify trends that are inconsistent with our projections
- Manage the negotiation and execution of our AWS and SaaS purchases and renewals
- Plan and forecast our Cloud and SaaS budget
- Create and oversee the process for requesting, evaluating, and deciding on new SaaS implementations
- Work with stakeholders to understand their Cloud and SaaS requirements
We are a growing team with plenty of opportunities for you to learn and contribute to our team objectives.
Who you are:
You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a background in Software Asset Management (SAM)
- You have a thorough understanding of AWS, its pricing model, and how to optimize and control costs
- You have an understanding of SIEM, monitoring, and logging tools and are equipped to optimize and control costs
- You have experience managing and negotiating SaaS contracts
- You can manage vendor relationships and have a keen eye for understanding and evaluating terms of services, EULA’s, master service agreements, and legally binding contracts
- Experience in using cloud monitoring (eg Cloudhealth) and SaaS monitoring (eg Sailpoint MX/Intello, Productiv) tools
- You have a strong analytical background that enables you to work on complex business use cases
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.