Cloud Network Engineer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is transforming and modernizing its network architecture and we are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. We are looking for the right candidate who can develop, support, and troubleshoot complex network infrastructure designs, focusing on hybrid cloud integration, virtualization, and security segmentation. Our mission is to lead in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of cancer and associated diseases through programs of excellence in research, education, outreach, and cost-effective patient care. As members of DigITs, the digital technology arm of MSKCC, we work towards this shared mission by not only supporting our world-class physicians and scientists but also fundamentally rethinking how digital tools and experiences can transform cancer care for the better.
- You will be part of a large hybrid cloud initiative at MSK, and actively participate in the development of the Enterprise network design. Focusing on MSK’s hybrid cloud, this not only includes connectivity to the multiple cloud providers, but all the design elements that are required to further our digital transformation, including dynamic fault tolerance, built-in security, and high-availability spanning multiple high performance computing clusters, data centers and private/public/hybrid cloud architectures.
- Contribute to building and maintaining this cloud-based infrastructure (Including AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM and other partners) and deliver a hybrid cloud platform which enables our tool builders to rapidly innovate and lower time to value through the use of cloud native technologies.
- Provide technical expertise for organizational projects and serve as an escalation point for cloud-based infrastructure support issues and be responsible for seeing these issues through to resolution
- Collaborate with existing teams (infosec, devsecops, enterprise support, etc..) to help inform and drive our hybrid cloud infrastructure design decisions and enable them to extend their capabilities into our cloud environments.
- You are a strong, confident communicator with project coordination skills who can lead and collaborate with other IT engineers and operation support individuals across various disciplines and a team player who thrives off of collaborative efforts, continuous self-improvement, and enjoys learning from and sharing knowledge with others. You also have:
- A solid networking (routing/switching/security) foundation, with an in-depth understanding of network protocols and applications
- Professional experience implementing and supporting cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP ,etc.), automation and orchestration, Software Defined Networks (SDN) with a broad knowledge of current IT infrastructure and cloud services trends
- Flexibility to work after hours and weekends when required
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.