Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
The Compliance Associate reports directly to the Team Lead while also being tightly integrated with the Operations Team.
The Compliance Associate will focus on ensuring and maintaining regulatory and company-wide compliance to facilitate carrier approval. The Associate will work to on-board carriers for the Carrier Management Team, vetting each carrier for compliance and collecting the appropriate documentation. The Associate will also work to maintain an up to date carrier profile, including obtaining updated insurance and policy details. The Associate is expected to work closely with the Carrier Management Team, in-house Insurance Specialist and Operation’s Team members across various departments.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Make sure all the new carriers are vetted and comply with FMCSA rules and regulations
- Ensure that all Active carriers in the internal database have the most up-to-date information
- Communicate with both carriers and insurance companies to verify information as needed
- Ensure data integrity and update carrier information across multiple platforms
- Adhere and enforce all operational procedures and policies
- Work closely with Carrier Managers to make sure the our shipments are executed well
- You have a high attention to detail and are incredibly meticulous
- You’re able to multi-task quickly and efficiently
- You’re willing to learn and grow
- Be flexible and able to adapt
- You possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- You display strong internal and external communication skills including verbal, written, presentation, and active listening
- You have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience); preferably experience in the transportation industry
- Experience in transportation logistics, insurance or FMCSA rules and regulations
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.