Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed for the latest news and information.)
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.
We are looking for a Compliance Manager to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Compliance Manager will help drive, manage and oversee our compliance program initiatives and responsibilities globally. This includes establishing and maintaining our effective compliance controls across all businesses, including crypto assets, securities, and precious metals. This is a global role that involves interaction, projects and multifunctions that spans the New York and Singapore based Compliance teams and will report to the Compliance Director based out of New York.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of compliance experience under your belt
- You have proven success managing Compliance programs within a startup or fintech environment.
- You have excellent project management skills, with demonstrated experience in escalating priorities, balancing limited resources, and executing with speed.
- You have strong knowledge of local KYC, AML, Sanctions regulations, including money laundering, terrorist financing, and fraud typologies, with specificity to cryptocurrency.
- You have experience engaging with auditors and regulators.
- You are comfortable handling data, including advanced competencies with Excel and data analytics/business intelligence tools.
- You embody our culture and values
What you’ll do:
- You will serve as a functional lead and owner for the Compliance program across all our businesses. Own and champion the program’s efforts with regards to KYC, AML and Sanctions compliance.
- You will actively partner cross-functionally with stakeholders of the business, operations, product, legal, and engineering to promote the Compliance program and ensure proper alignment with business goals.
- You will design and implement the Compliance program to scale through the addition of new products, services, and technologies.
- You will build and strengthen relationships with our Compliance partners, including our regulators, auditors, vendors, and banks. Be ready to defend our program and practices.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.