Compliance Manager at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 4,200 retailers and more than 1,400 brands across 25 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Head of Compliance to join our fast-growing team, reporting directly to the VP of Finance. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of LeafLink Inc.’s comprehensive compliance program which includes managing enterprise and security risk. LeafLink Inc. serves an industry with several legal and regulatory compliance obligations. This role will require you to research relevant external guidelines and build a comprehensive risk management program dedicated to ensuring proactive compliance with LeafLink’s various business activities, including client onboarding, Know-Your-Customer policies for marketplace participants and enhanced diligence for clients of the LeafLink Financial program. You will collaborate with management across each functional line of service at LeafLink Inc. to develop a industry defining compliance program that leverages LeafLink’s unique market position in order to enable rapid compliant growth in a highly regulated space. You need to be a hands on independent, thoughtful problem-solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills and who is comfortable operating in a fast pace environment, managing multiple internal and external stakeholders with demanding deadlines.Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, implement and manage a comprehensive and effective state-of-the-art compliance program for LeafLink Inc.
- Develop a training curriculum, oversee and train LeafLink staff on compliance policies, procedures and protocols. Ensure training is relevant and updated regularly to reflect the current business practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Interface directly with third party stakeholders including regulators, investors, banking, and other third party partners to align program objectives to meet and exceed business requirements
- Develop an auditing and monitor program and report to internal and external stakeholders on a periodic basis, as necessary
- Develop a data governance program that will be monitored on an ongoing basis
- Develop strong working relationships across functions internally
- Leverage LeafLink’s unique market position and data to build an industry defining compliance program that enables rapid growth in a highly regulated industry
- Create and maintain compliance program policies and associated documentation requisite to administer program to meet and exceed all relevant compliance obligations
- Obtain and maintain in good standing any and all relevant certifications and training as necessary to perform function and serve as LeafLink’s Designated Compliance Officer
- Stay current and understand compliance trends and obligations within the FinTech and Cannabis spaces to identify existing and future compliance requirements
- 6+ years of proven experience in a compliance role working with middle market or enterprise level banking or financial companies, experience in Banking or FinTech is required
- Must demonstrate ability to understand and articulate compliance obligations and objectives across varied industries and regulatory frameworks including state cannabis regulations, state and federal commercial lending laws, federal Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering laws, and others
- Reliable professional that brings a point-of-view to the discussion, is not afraid to speak their mind and adept at making and communicating difficult decisions to business leaders
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand the big picture concepts at the organizational and industry level but also be accountable for day-to-day routine execution of program
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate various financial products related to loans, lines of credit, trade credit, factoring, treasury management and other financial services
- Attention to detail and excels at managing projects across teams with competing priorities and resources
- Professional certification (e.g. Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or other relevant) a plus
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events