About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
The Compliance and Legal teams provide support for a multi-asset class prime broker that supports active traders and institutional accounts built on a technologically advanced proprietary platform. The team thrives in working in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving business opportunities. Regulatory compliance is a key metric by which Clear Street's client's, counter parties, banks, debt holders and investors assess Clear Street's risk. A strong regulatory compliance team focused on building strong relationships with regulators allows Clear Street to expand quickly and to avoid regulatory fines and undertakings.
- Be a senior member of each team, serving as a key advisor to the internal stakeholders by reviewing and approving transactions and providing interpretation of the firm’s compliance policies.
- Construct, implement, and execute the security-based swap dealer compliance program.
- Contribute leadership to the project of registering with the SEC and assist managing relationships and deliverables with regulatory and accounting consultants, as well as performing legal and compliance reviews of new products.
- Serve as one of the points of contact with the SEC and manage swaps/derivatives component periodic exams.
- Implement and maintain a compliance manual and Written Supervisory Procedures reflective of current law, rules, and regulations applicable to security-based swaps.
- Draft, review, and negotiate ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annexes, Master Securities Loan Agreements, master confirmations, and other security-based swaps trading-related agreements.
- Work with the derivatives trading desk, as well as Risk, Credit and Onboarding teams to ensure trading agreements are consistent with firm policies and risk mandates.
- Evaluate and assist with implementation of any information technology solutions related to security-based swaps regulatory compliance.
- Experience/familiarity with US derivatives regulation under Title VII.
- Solid overall product knowledge and regulatory experience within the OTC derivatives and swap dealer businesses.
- Experience writing and implementing policies and procedures, as well as remediating existing ones.
- Strong research skills; analytical and problem-solving skills; and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify, develop and recommend "best practices."
- Excellent writing skills.
- Must have a JD and at least one state bar admission (good standing and active).
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Room to innovate, solve complex business problems and build new products.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.