Contact Center Manager at Cedar
At Cedar, our mission is to improve the broken healthcare experience for patients. This starts with reengineering the patient billing experience by refocusing our efforts to make it patient-centric, and providing exceptional customer service. The Contact Center Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all contact center operations and will be responsible for the overall management and performance of the contact center. This person will manage internal and outsourced teams in a way that embodies Cedar’s values and consistently achieves a high standard of service.
Core responsibilities include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the patient experience with a continued emphasis on quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training.
- Oversee contact center operations across multiple partner relationships and client locations
- Read and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to evaluate achievement to goals. Where variances may exist, partner with key stakeholders to develop action plans to return to acceptable performance standards and hold others accountable to results
- Prepare and present timely, accurate analyses to key stakeholders including leadership team, internal departments, external partners, etc.
- Cultivate close working relationships with contact center clients and peers across the organization to maintain expert knowledge in the day-to-day business
- Provide professional development to team members to enhance their knowledge and capabilities
- Travel when necessary to contact centers to meet with and assess day to day operations
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally
- Stay abreast of industry standards, monitors and reviews best practices, and makes changes as necessary
- Maintain working knowledge of phone system, contact center operations, IVR's, ticketing and chat platforms
- Conduct interviews and make selections to fill open roles within assigned Customer Service site
- Energize and motivate teams by utilizing positive reinforcement and support methodologies
- Consistently maintain and approve time cards for direct reports
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 6+ years of contact center management/managerial experience; multi-site and/or multi-channel (phone, chat, email) are preferred
- Demonstrated people management skills that have motivated and enhanced personal performance and development (particularly in a Contact Center setting)
- Vendor management experience, specifically with contact center staffing organizations
- Must possess excellent customer service, follow-up and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Open to ambiguity and ever changing environment
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information in a professional manner
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to Cedar: Focus on our vision, no mediocrity, be positive and use good judgement
- Enthusiasm for Cedar mission to improve the patient financial experience and highest levels of discretion when handling sensitive information
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team working to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
If creating a better healthcare financial experience excites you, we encourage you to apply.