Squarespace Corporate Development is seeking a Lead to join our growing team. The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the leadership team as well as all other Squarespace staff levels. You will partner cross-functionally to build and execute the inorganic growth strategy for Squarespace’s fast-paced, high growth business.
The Corporate Development Lead will be closely involved in all aspects of the deal process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence and closing & integration activities. The person should be action-oriented and comfortable driving outcomes with all internal and external stakeholders. This role reports into the Head of Corporate Development and Investor Relations in New York.
- Drives and supports the identification, development, analysis and execution of M&A transactions
- Analyze industries, businesses, and new opportunities through strategic, financial and feasibility frameworks, applying sound business judgment and contributing M&A thought leadership
- Work with cross-functional diligence teams and leaders, including product, marketing, finance, legal, people, and others, to drive projects forward by synthesizing feedback, developing consensus, etc.
- Apply rigorous quantitative analyses to acquisitions and other strategic initiatives, including building 3-statement financial models and valuation methodologies with revenue, cost, and key operational drivers
- Research and diligence relevant industries to identify key trends, segmentation, value propositions, business models, the competitive landscape, etc.
- Source potential acquisition targets through proactive engagement & outreach to build a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Proactively seek ways to improve practices and processes to build out the corpdev competency
- Develop decision matrices and frameworks to analyze complex problems
- 7+ years total experience through a combination of investment banking, M&A, or private equity, with at least 3+ years in-house corporate development role(s) with direct buyside deal experience
- Worked with technology companies (consumer internet a plus) and SaaS business models w/ strong understanding of key software / SaaS business metrics and KPIs (e.g., ARR, billings/bookings to revenue conversion, ARPU, LTV/CAC, etc).
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as with external CEO’s/Founders, management teams and investors
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate complex problems and solutions/recommendations
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and presentation applications (i.e. Google Slides, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Team player, proactive and action oriented, with excellent judgment, the ability to anticipate needs, strong work ethic, and attention to detail
- Passion for learning about new technologies, products, and businesses, as well as from those around them
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.