Custodial Relationship Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is growing and we’re looking for a Custodial Relationship Manager to join our Post Closing team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
The Custodial Management Specialist role is responsible for monitoring and ensuring department productivity and quality standards are met on a daily basis. With management coordination, the Custodial Relationship Manager will monitor daily workload and staff balancing to ensure all work is completed each day by the required deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide management support by compiling and analyzing the following reports: production, sale delivery
- Assist with production or escalation questions as well as leading the team in loan purchase activity projects.
- Monitor the adherence of the department stated SLAs, providing excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Work with internal departments to determine root cause analysis on aging files
- Monitor daily curtailment schedule by Warehouse Bank, submit exceptions, perform root cause analysis and mitigate curtailments as needed
- Responsible for relationship management for assigned Warehouse Bank and Custodian
- Responsible for daily communications with Custodian and Warehouse partners regarding turnaround time and aging population.
- 3+ years of mortgage experience, preferably in Post Closing
- Diverse experience in all areas of mortgage operations including: processing, underwriting, closing, funding, and post-closing
- Ability to effectively communicate with third parties, investors, internal business partners and borrowers
- Ability to effectively present information/respond to questions from managers, clients and customers
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively
- Ability to work autonomously under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment
Post Closing is a dynamic, multi-functional team that plays an essential role in the Mortgage process. As part of our back-office support, we perform several key functions to facilitate the purchase of loan files, after closing, to our Investor partners on the Secondary market.
We strive to ensure all loan documentation is complete and in compliance with State, Federal and Agency guidelines.
We are a growing team, committed to:
- Supporting Better in meeting corporate and departmental goals
- Producing a high level of service to our customers both internally and externally
- Encouraging growth and development within our teams
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.