Custody Operations Specialist
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Custody Operations
The Custody Operations Team at Gemini is a thought leader in the digital asset custody space. Our mandate is to grant the utmost security to our clients while still allowing them to have the liquidity and trading opportunities necessary to be nimble within this nascent asset class. Our innovative custody system provides our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Custody Operations Specialist
Our team is looking for a motivated professional to support our rapidly growing business. In this role, you will support our Director of Custody Operations in executing the day-to-day maintenance of our custody solution. The ideal candidate will communicate and collaborate cross-organizationally with various departments in the company to ensure that our clients’ assets are secure and that their liquidity needs are being met. This individual will report to the Managing Director of Financial Operations.
- Schedule the daily custodial operations for a team of personnel across the organization
- Manage the inventory of custody-related equipment
- Populate due diligence questionnaires for the company’s prospective and existing clients, regulators, and insurers; participate in certain sales and educational sessions for the same
- Perform account management and support for the company’s custody clients
- Monitor and manage the company’s liquidity, including balances required for regulatory reserves and the allocation of balances between platforms within the company’s custody infrastructure
- Project manage certain custody security initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in a professional work environment
- Strong calendar management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Sheets
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage tight deadlines and responsibilities effectively; ability to multitask and work successfully under pressure; ability to communicate and collaborate with all organizational departments and levels
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.