Customer Educator (NYC)
Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. We’re looking for customer centric, technically minded and passionate people to help support our creators in using the Teachable platform. This is a critical and important role! Teachable support is a competitive differentiator, and our creators frequently sing our praises. Our Customer Educators have the unique opportunity to build relationships and work with our customers, directly impacting their success.
This is a full-time, salaried position. This position works 5 days a week (schedule TBD, typically including one weekend day) and some holidays. There are several work shifts for the position. Shifts start between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. and end between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Efficiently deliver solutions to customers by email and live chat and drive results by meeting or exceeding individual and team productivity and quality goals.
- Build encyclopedic knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of the Teachable platform, keeping pace with the continued evolution of our product features and capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal savvy by explaining processes and technical information in a concise and thorough manner, to support diverse customers and teammates.
- Collaborate and help close the customer feedback loop by reporting/synthesizing feedback to our product and engineering teams.
- Effective communication: Clearly and concisely explain, in writing, potentially complex technical issues to diverse audiences.
- Customer focus, Instilling trust, Interpersonal savvy: Possess a willingness to listen, empathize and assist with honesty and integrity with both customers and coworkers.
- Self-Awareness, Resilience, Nimble Learning, Drives results: Adapt to change in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and learn through experimentation and self-reflection. Push self and others to successfully exceed goals.
- Technical proficiency: Understand and easily learn advanced technical concepts.
- Minimum of 1 year in a customer service type role
- Strong writing skills. You should be able to clearly and concisely explain, in writing, potentially complex technical issues to customers.
- The customer care “gene” - a willingness to listen, empathize and assist
- Ideally, you should have above average technical proficiency (you've set up your grandpa's Wifi and know your way around VPNs), can easily explain somewhat advanced concepts to folks who have little experience working within a SaaS, you may even have a site of your own on WordPress or Shopify.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $500M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description