Customer Experience Manager (NewCo)
What is NewCo?
“NewCo” (short for “New Company”) is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry’s. Over the past year, Harry’s has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people.
About the Role
The Customer Experience (CX) Manager is responsible for building and leading the day-to-day operations of our CX team, ensuring that our customers have a great interaction and overall experience with our brand. You will define and establish operational strategies, goals and methods/approaches, including platforms, policies, KPIs, SOPs and SLAs, while also managing day-to-day operations of the CX function. Just as important, you’ll be responsible for building, scaling and developing a team of high-performing associates.
Since the CX Team serves as the direct bridge between our brand and the people who use our products, you and your team will not only bring the voice of our brand to our customers, but serve as the voice of our customers to the broader NewCo team. In addition to building out the team and function, you’ll also develop new ways for CX to support broader NewCo business goals, including customer analytics and other innovations in customer engagement.
This is a unique opportunity to not only build a team and function from scratch, but to join a company at the earliest stage, and one that has been vetted and incubated by one of the most successful companies in the DTC space. Since the team will be small initially, you must be both a strategic leader and someone that’s willing to roll up their sleeves and be on the front lines of interacting with customers. Longer term, you must have the leadership capabilities to develop new workflows and to scale the team through future periods of significant growth.
What you will accomplish:
- Build CX function and team
- Build, train and lead/manage a high performing team, including scaling over time to support business growth.
- Establish and manage initial and ongoing training for CX team members.
- Develop, track and drive team towards clear performance metrics, including KPIs, SLAs, and communication quality standards.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to develop and define key policies, SOPs and responses.
- Identify, evaluate, select and implement key technology platforms and tools.
- Manage day-to-day operations
- Lead the CX team on the front lines of our inbound communication channels (email, chat, phone, social) to support customers and prospective customers pre and post-purchase.
- Set, manage and track operational schedule, including channel distribution, Associate attendance, etc.
- Audit and perform ongoing quality coaching and feedback to team.
- Lead operational response to intraday challenges (e.g., site outages, spike in incoming volume etc.) and escalation issues.
- Ongoing measurement and improvement
- Track, analyze, report and improve upon performance data including cost, quality and service delivery metrics.
- Analyze customer contact data to make recommendations to further drive customer loyalty to the brand, improve the customer experience and drive improvements to CX operations.
- Represent the voice of the customer and ensure it is heard and factored into strategic decision making across the organization to help increase satisfaction, sentiment and retention.
- Partner with Marketing, Engineering, Product and Creative to ensure the customer journey is effectively managed, optimized and continually improved upon to provide an incredible experience for our customers.
- Innovate new ways to better support our customers - whether through new platforms, channels or communication styles.
- 4+ years of experience in Customer Experience, (DTC or start-up/growth stage experience a plus)
- 2+ years in a CX-focused managerial role (including multi-channel communications, quality assurance, coaching and development)
- Exceptional leadership, management, hiring and training skills, with demonstrated ability to manage teams and a passion for coaching/development and building team culture.
- Proven track record of success in achieving KPIs and SLAs
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. You understand how to foster consistent delivery of brand voice and tone across multiple channels, craft messaging based on your audience and the problem at handle, and skillfully handle escalations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You’re resilient and composed under pressure and with unexpected issues that may come up.
- You approach problems with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, not afraid to dig in directly while also able to collaborate effectively with other teams and functions to address customer needs and achieve business objectives.
- Strong enthusiasm for providing customers with outstanding experiences. You understand that the experience is everything, and find ways to work smarter so that our customers don’t have to.
- Expert multi-tasker with ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills -- you’re extremely organized, able to perform data analysis using complex data sets and metrics-focused.
- Excellent foundation in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with ZenDesk or Kustomer strongly preferred.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other BI tools is a plus.
- Experience building and scaling a CX function a plus.
About Harry’s & NewCo:
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry’s has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business (“NewCo”) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.