Customer Experience Team Lead at Harry's Inc.
The Customer Solutions and Insights Team (CSI) serves as a direct bridge between the Harry's brand and our customers. The team combines Customer Experience (CX) and Insights to convey the voice of the customer in an effort to continuously create things people like more. We strive to create effortless experiences for everyone who reaches out to our team, and we serve as an advocate for our customers in an effort to drive changes to the overall Harry’s experience. We bring the voice of the Harry's brand to our customers, and the voice of our customers to the broader Harry's team.
The Team Lead (TL) position is responsible for directly managing the performance and development of a team of associates, running the day-to-day operation of our Customer Experience (CX) team. They inform and motivate the team to successfully meet our Service Level Agreements across all channels (including phones, emails, Social etc.). They are responsible for coaching and improving the CXpectations and development of their individual directs as well as the broader CX team. Additionally, the Team Lead will collaborate with cross-functional partners to implement large scale initiatives that impact both the CX team and the larger organization, including but not limited to process improvements, project management and operational excellence.
Here's what you'll do
- Manage 5-8 Associates across remote, in-house, part-time and full time positions
- Ensure every associate is trained thoroughly during the on-boarding process and has the tools necessary to succeed in their role
- Support individual team members to pursue meaningful growth opportunities, both within the department and cross-functional teams
- Audit and perform quality coaching and feedback sessions at least once a month, incremental to in-the-moment coaching daily
- Perform additional side-by-sides and quality monitoring with each associate during post-training weeks and throughout their tenure with Harrys
- Partner the QTD Team on reporting and structured meetings to ensure consistent quality and productivity across your associate team
- Support direct reports in the creation of a development plan, through ongoing tailored coaching and by meeting with them weekly in a one-on-one setting to deliver feedback, review attendance and policy updates and overall performance
- Manage payroll, PTO, UTO and EI tracking and approvals
- Work with Operations Manager and People Business Partner to run performance processes as well as draft and execute performance improvement plans if needed
- Lead and create team engagement and recognition efforts measured through the engagement survey and retention ( e.g., WOW recognition, birthdays, new hire events, event committee and ad-hoc cultural appreciation moments etc.)
- Own the CXpectations performance of your directs with help from the Manager of Quality Training and Development
- Share people management best-practices, challenges and feedback with your team of Team Leads
- Coordinate with Operations Manager to set and manage the operational schedule including channel distribution, non-channel project ownership, etc.
- Coordinate with the department Trainer to schedule any team and company wide training opportunities while mitigating strain on the team and customer experience
- Coordinate with Team Leads on ownership of daily operations to provide 7 days a week of coverage (some weekend and holiday days may be required)
- Monitor CX Slack channels to provide support to monitor daily operational excellence when assigned to daily operations
- Hold the team accountable to general operational policies and standards
- Communicate and drive the success of business updates, process changes, company initiatives, and goals to the team
- Monitor intraday schedule adherence and make decisions on resource allocation, measured through daily success in our Service Level Agreements
- Lead daily stand-up sharing:
- Report on yesterday's performance
- Expectations for the day
- Operational changes/challenges
- Policy or process updates
- Track attendance and update our workforce management tooI live through any operational changes
- Lead operational responses to intraday challenges, (e.g., site/Zendesk outages, spike in incoming volume etc.) outside of running daily operations
- Responsible for Customer Incident process for escalated and higher priority contacts
- Serve as a first point of escalation on customer issues, ensuring difficult conversations are handled with empathy and professionalism
- Generate operational and tool improvements through associate feedback and analysis with the goal of creating a more effortless employee and customer experience
- Work with Operations Manager to prioritize operational process improvement projects
- Communicate with the managing Team Lead any individual associate operational challenges such as trends in tech issues, trends in availability issues etc.
- Encourage and foster an environment of 360 degree feedback between Associates and Managers
- Create, implement and communicate initiatives that impact the organization’s efficiency and productivity
This might describe you
- You are a high performing CXA, and know what it takes to be the front line of Harry’s
- You are committed to growth and development, have a natural talent for coaching and a growth-mindset ready to improve always as a people manager
- Incredibly organized and can coordinate a large group of people, processes, locations etc…
- Clear and effective communicator
- Resilient and composed in high pressure and unplanned changes to your day
- Enthusiasm for the Harry’s customer and providing them with outstanding experiences
- Strong advocate for your teammates and employee experience
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.