Customer Insights Specialist
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. Do you want to be part of the literacy movement? We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. Five years since our launch, Newsela is in 90% of US schools, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
The Customer Insights Specialist will work directly with a cross-functional team to enhance the overall experience of our customers and make them successful. You will monitor all customer interactions with the product and recommend specific areas of focus to target and improve, through a combination of data and user feedback. You will be tasked with measuring the overall satisfaction and quality of every aspect of our organization, focusing on the delivery of services to our customers, and the overall satisfaction of Newsela as a product.
In the first few weeks and months on the job, you will quickly become a resident expert in the product, understanding where users stumble and where users find success. You’ll be able to parse feedback and align it to specific problems.
You’re a problem-solver. You’re driven to improve the experience of users—admins, educators, and students—who make use of Newsela every day. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves, and you’re committed to strategically amplifying the voices of our user base.
- Oversee and lead an increase in Customer Satisfaction across the organization
- Oversee and maintain regular NPS benchmarking, analyzing, compiling and presenting results to the broader organization
- You will work closely with the product and engineering teams
- Identify areas of the product that are negatively affecting customer experience and share insights to cross-functional teams
- Monitor and report on all customer interactions, managing a single source of information for other teams
- Experience with sending out surveys
- Become expert in holes and gaps in the product; make regular and specific recommendations
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience with analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data
- 1+ year of research experience, either in an academic or business setting
- Highly analytical nature
- Strong ability to build relationships across organizations
- You’re self-starter with the ability to start conversations when you have the data