Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending and saving, alongside its core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.About the Role:
At Betterment, our Customer Operations team manages the intersection of client requests and internal operations. There is no job too big or too small for us; we are focused and we always strive for excellence by providing detailed and prompt attention to the most complicated customer situations.
You are a process-driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You are always thinking of ways to make complicated processes and internal communications more efficient, while keeping tabs on the big picture. You have a knack for assessing risky situations as well as navigating grey areas. You are empathetic and comfortable with helping our customers navigate difficult life events.
You are extremely detail-oriented with a passion for organization. You are a strong communicator who enjoys interacting with other people to address any issue that comes your way. You enjoy being a subject matter expert and are eager to share your expertise with others across the organization. You are excited to support internal/external partners and play a crucial role in keeping our business growing and running smoothly.
This role is remote eligible. Colorado has an annual starting salary of $45,000, a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of an incentive bonus. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.A Day in the Life:
- Collaborate with Customer Experience and adjacent Operations teams to address inquiries involving fund transfers, account onboarding, risk management, and other operational functions.
- Interact directly with customers to resolve high-touch cases requiring expert knowledge of how money moves into and throughout the Betterment system.
- Analyze documents related to business entities, trusts, subpoenas, estates and divorces.
- Review and facilitate fund transfers, communicating with internal teams and customers as needed to optimize efficiency.
- Partner with the Customer Experience team on operational topics to provide a unified customer experience by collaborating across Slack, Asana, and ZenDesk.
- Create, maintain and administer training materials/process documents that support the scaling of internal teams.
- Troubleshoot daily customer issues, while identifying root cause and collaborating with teams across the business to implement fixes as needed.
- Prior experience at a bank/financial institution in customer service or operations
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications
- Detail-oriented mindset and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve on the fly with little guidance
- Good intuition and ability to assess unclear situations with limited information
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with customers and stakeholders empathetically
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote