Customer Strategy & Development Director at Narrativ
Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Narrativ is seeking a strategic and analytical leader who can’t help but THINK BIG (no, BIGGER) to help shape the ambitious future of how Narrativ’s technology will redefine the way creators work and make money.
In this role, you will help come up with and dig into key hypotheses about the rapidly evolving creator economy. In doing so, you’ll help us shape strategy and make critical decisions around how Narrativ’s technology will enable more talented individuals than ever to run profitable and fulfilling businesses as professional creators.
This is a net new role building out a net new program so if you are the right fit, you have the hunger and drive to take risks and make an outsized impact. You see ambiguity and obstacles as opportunities to build something new. You take full ownership of initiatives and are proactive about capturing new opportunities. You prefer to be a big fish (whether the pond is small or big) and make as big of a splash as possible.
- Help systematically author key hypotheses around the creator economy and Narrativ’s role as its commerce and payments engine
- Structure and lead analyses and other activities (e.g., surveys, interviews) that provide actionable insights into these hypotheses and strategic opportunities that arise
- Create a competitive mapping framework and have your finger on the pulse of the competitive landscape, with a constant view of current opportunities and issues but also future recommendations and trends in a quickly evolving space
- Deep-dive into both quantitative and qualitative research, from building dynamic models that inform decision-making to conducting market research and performing competitive analyses
- Own the strategy, approach, requirements, and landscape analysis to support business expansion, model innovation, new geography growth, and vertical exploration - this should include competitive intelligence, industry analysis, and market dynamics and trends
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to incorporate learnings and feedback into what we build and how we build it and how we build it
- Grow or build your expertise in the burgeoning creator economy in order to understand rapidly evolving trends and insights
- Be an instrumental part of shaping how Narrativ technology fits into creators’ lives and livelihoods at large
- Experience in a combination of the following is preferred: consulting, finance, strategy & ops, high-growth tech startup, and/or launching new markets, teams or products
- An entrepreneurial spirit and insatiable desire to translate white space opportunity into ideas to iterate on
- Strong strategic and problem-solving skills: you can use data and create frameworks to draw insights and make decisions
- Equal parts strategic and operational — willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into campaign set up or earnings tracking when necessary
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with partners, including high-profile ones
- Thrive in a matrix organization and comfortable working with cross functional teammates at all levels
- Genuine enthusiasm or interest in the creator economy and its potential to redefine the future of work
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.