Customer Success Associate
Are you looking to use your skills for good? Ellevate Network is the leading community for professional women committed to helping each other succeed. This is a rare opportunity to gain broad experience at a tight-knit growing company that's passionate about social change.
We are looking for a full-time Customer Success Associate to join our New York City team. We strongly value diverse perspectives and care deeply about building a positive work environment; each of our small teams operates with a high level of flexibility, autonomy and ownership for our path forward.
As a Customer Success Associate, you will be on the front-line, supporting our global community of professional women, providing responses to members and prospective members across multiple channels including email, in-person events and live chat. You’ll own and improve key processes, such as team customer support rotations, management of ticketing system, support center and Service Level Agreements. You’ll have a direct impact on our company culture, acting as an advocate to our community and improving our customer-centric culture.
We’re looking for someone passionate about creating change in the word of business; you’re right for the position if you’re a problem-solver, a self-starter, collaborative, organized, and have strong communication skills. Experience in customer service or community management is a must.
What to expect in this role:
- You’ll join a small, collaborative, tight-knit B Corp with a big mission: equality for all.
- You’ll have high level of responsibility and ownership over impactful projects.
- You'll have direct access to our leadership team, with open lines of communication to discuss the role you play in our growing business.
- You'll attend and assist at all-hands-on-deck Ellevate events in NYC, a few times per quarter, after-work on weekdays; we adjust our flexible hours on other days to account for these longer evenings.
- You’ll receive competitive benefits, like flexible work hours and locations, unlimited vacation time, 401(k) matching, generous parental leave, time off to volunteer, a wellness stipend, and more.
- You'll receive full access to Ellevate Network’s resources, speakers, events, and content.
- You’ll work from our brand new office with bottomless snacks, cold brew, wine, and more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Increase customer engagement and satisfaction through a seamless and stellar customer service experience
- Manage Ellevate Network’s customer service email inboxes
- Communicate with members and potential members primarily via email, with some phone support required
- Maintain awareness of Ellevate network benefits, products, billing procedures, and events
- Assist with membership billing inquiries
- Brainstorm and suggest improvements to existing programs and processes
- Track success of improvements by measuring and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders, from our volunteers to our corporate partners to our engineers, with clarity, patience, respect, and simplicity in mind.
Who will be successful in this role?
- You're collaborative - able to work independently or in a team.
- You're quick on your feet - you know when to be scrappy and when to invest and stop cutting corners.
- You're an effective communicator with team members and external users.
- You’re flexible, patient and able to adapt to a changing environment
- You're self-motivated, perseverant and excited to contribute to our mission
- You want to grow in this position and beyond
- You are excited to learn and envision yourself taking ownership of the Customer Success Team
We’re looking for someone with:
- Hands-on customer service and/or community management experience
- Understanding of ticketing systems such as FreshDesk, ZenDesk, etc.
- Experience dealing with multiple issues at a time, excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Solid organizational skills, detail oriented
- A patient and professional demeanor, positive attitude
Benefits of Working at Ellevate:
- Flexible Work Hours & Locations - primarily during business hours Monday-Friday in Manhattan, with ability to work remotely as needed
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Time off to volunteer
- Annual wellness reimbursement
- Access to Ellevate’s resources, speakers, events, and content
- Beautiful office with snacks, cold brew, wine, etc.
At Ellevate Network we believe that there is power in diversity. We value different perspectives and recognize that they help us grow.
Ellevate Network is an equal opportunity employer and as such recruits, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.