Smartling seeks a Customer Success Manager for a remote, work-from-home position, anywhere in the continental United States.
As a Customer Success Manager at Smartling, you will be responsible for ensuring that your customers rapidly adopt and deeply leverage the Smartling solution, from on-boarding and throughout the customer lifecycle. You will have a strong focus on ensuring customer retention. You will partner closely with other Smartling teams such as Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, and Product to ensure customers achieve their objectives and realize significant value from using our platform. We are a fast-moving company looking for energetic candidates to grow and develop alongside us.
Tasks at Hand
- Take a leading role in ensuring that customers are successfully onboarded to Smartling in accordance with their success goals.
- Provide training and education throughout the onboarding process, and work closely with team members to ensure project timelines are met.
Customer Communication and Education:
- Develop communication cadence with your customers on product and industry updates that impact your customers’ global content activities and objectives.
- Assess customer requirements, resolving problems, anticipating future needs, and generally serving as the customer’s voice within Smartling.
- Oversee the customer’s implementation of localization best practices to ensure you help the customer drive incremental value and return investment.
Account Planning & Strategy:
- Develop and implement an effective account planning strategy for your book of business to ensure retention and product adoption through collaboration with other team members.
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with all major stakeholders within your assigned book of business, such that all activities are closely aligned with the customer’s business strategy, allowing the full potential of their Smartling solution to be realized.
- Lead business review meetings to continuously articulate the value of Smarting and customer’s performance against goals, to encourage adoption and expansion across the customer’s organization.
- Facilitate business process optimization workshops and enjoy participation in Smartling events for customer marketing activities.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a B2B client support or customer success role.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to project manage, set priorities and stay organized when managing multiple client relationships.
- Experience working in a role that required you to stay calm in the face of technical and/or customer challenges.
- Proven ability to network and manage relationships across many different functions within a global customer organization.
- An aptitude for digesting and effectively communicating technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability.
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Nice to have
- Business acumen and experience working with and manipulating data for presentations.
- Experience with translation, localization, and internationalization processes.
- Knowledge of the SaaS business model and experience delivering SaaS solutions for midmarket and enterprise business customers.
- An understanding of modern software development processes like continuous delivery.
- Results-focused. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic. Translates high-level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- A Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.