Customer Success Manager
Greater NYC Area
At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Creating the best customer experience drives us - we love hearing everyday how what we're working on is saving our customers time and headaches. Making expense reports obsolete is only the beginning - join a team that is leading the charge in how businesses manage their cash flow.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is an energetic customer facing role that is primarily responsible for helping our largest, most strategic accounts get up and running with Abacus. The CSM’s job is to get to know the ins and outs of a new customer’s expense management needs, from the data they want to capture to their organizational hierarchy. After implementation, the CSM remains the product expert and ensures that our customers continue to have the optimal setup as the needs of organizations change and as the Abacus product evolves over time. The ideal candidate is passionate about providing each customer with an exceptional experience and is excited about how technology can solve problems.
What will you do at Abacus?
- Manage a portfolio of software implementations for SMB customers, being the main point of contact for technical and strategic questions
- Gain a deep understanding of each organization’s structure and accounting needs as they relate to expense management, through calls and in-person meetings
- Leading user trainings and webinars, providing support collateral, and ensuring teams have the information they need to ramp up quickly on Abacus
- Relaying customer feedback back to our product and engineering teams, driving our product roadmap; closing the feedback loop with customers when we’ve released new features
- Leading product education and awareness campaigns to increase product usage
Who you are:
- A people person who is able to build rapport instantly
- Eager to learn every day
- A self starter who can take initiative on new projects and ideas and run with them
- Strong interest in technology
- Knack for the technical: you will be speaking to companies that are using a variety of systems and financial platforms. A successful CSM will have the aptitude to pick up these concepts and technologies quickly
- Keen attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit: we are a small team and we’re looking for CSMs who can constantly improve processes
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years of client-facing experience, preferably with a SaaS company or software provider
- You have experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Strong writing background
- Familiarity with accounting principles
This position is a great opportunity to join a startup at the ground level while helping shape the Customer Success team at Abacus. There will be a lot of room for learning and growth. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a resume and a cover letter along with anything else that would help us to get to know you better.
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to our values at Abacus. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Read Full Job Description