Customer Success Manager at Alice
Alice raises the take-home pay of working Americans. 156 million employees in the US are spending more and more of their budget on healthcare, childcare, and commuting. Alice uses software to add money to people’s paychecks when they spend everyday items that are pretax eligible—with no forms, no math, no acronyms. When employers connect Alice to their payroll system, their workers keep more of what they rightfully earn, without any more work from HR. Alice is a true win-win-win. Employees take home more of what they earn, employers save on payroll taxes, and Alice is paid only from what employers save. No one pays for Alice out-of-pocket.
We’re a bright, diverse, and dedicated team solving hard problems. Our day-to-day work crosses cultures we are passionate about—venture backed-tech, government and regulators, employers and business owners, local communities. We take great pride in having team members from different backgrounds because we know that every voice matters.
Alice is looking to hire a Customer Success Manager who loves introducing customers to innovative technology, showing them the ropes, and serving as an expert in all-things Alice. We’re looking for someone who shares the same passion we do for putting more money in the hands of working people, without complicated forms or headaches. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful with pretax benefits and the Customer Success team drives that success every day.
When you are in place, Alice customer onboarding, account management, and enrollment run as a well-oiled machine due to your efforts, focus, and attention.
In this role, you’ll report to Alice’s VP of Customer Experience and work directly with our repeat-entrepreneur founders and the rest of the Alice team. Our team has previous experience from awesome places like Adobe, CBS, Handshake, and Lending Tree. We’re supported by super smart advisors from Company, are of the CFSI FinLab and have excellent investors including Notation Capital and Trinity Ventures.
As Customer Success Manager, you will...
- Be the first point of contact for HR teams and business owners, learning about their employee needs and educating them on how Alice can be part of their employee engagement and retention goals.
- Delight customers through helping their employees seamlessly enroll in Alice. You drive them to achieve and then celebrate early victories.
- Apply a deep understanding of our customers, their processes, our product, and payroll systems with which we integrate. As you onboard new customers, you'll be there welcoming them to the Alice family and show them the ropes. Consistently awesome onboarding is crucial to our customers’ enrollment and overall success.
- Collaborate closely with Alice’s support, product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Alice’s core technology and customer voice.
- Creatively uncover new ways our customers can find value and engagement in Alice.
- Connect delighted, passionate Alice customers with our Marketing team to capture success stories.
- Create and iterate on educational documentation for our customers as well as the Alice Customer Success team.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant customer facing customer success and account management experience, ideally in B2B SaaS.
- A exceptional knack for developing relationships over the phone and in person.
- An obsession with checking off the boxes on your to do list. This obsession inspires your customers to check their boxes off, too.
- Remarkable patience for explaining new ideas to people. You live for that moment where it finally “clicks” for someone.
- The ability to communicate complex concepts cleanly and clearly in writing; you know what bad writing looks like, and it pains you to see it.
- A general disposition of solving problems quickly and relentlessly; you don’t stop until the thing is handled. Following up is your speciality. Inbox Zero is a way of life.
- Real dedication to Alice’s mission: to put more money in the hands of working people in the United States, without complicated forms or headaches.
- A growth mindset; an orientation of constant learning, experimentation, flexibility, adaptability.
- A no-ego approach; there is no job too small for you to tackle in support of your teammates.
- Inclination for startup work environment; you have a comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, an interest in discipline and action, and good taste for quality of work product.