Customer Success Manager at Nylas
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:19 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, July 16, 2020
The Nylas APIs make it an order of magnitude easier for companies to add email, calendar, and contacts integrations to their apps. We wrap old protocols, unify all providers, and index TBs of data. We save customers months of dev time and unlock the richness of email data. By being at the core of business to business communication, scheduling, and contacts, we believe we can accelerate the productivity of work. We believe in making the best place to work, and value our inclusive culture and diverse team.
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, diligent, and results-driven individual to join our customer success team. Hundreds of businesses rely on the Nylas Cloud APIs to power their products, and your role will be critical in ensuring their sustained growth and success.
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Nylas customers. In this role, you will bring Nylas’ best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to customers and match these to the customers' business goals, driving greater value and alignment between Nylas and the customer.
You will be a trusted advisor to all our customers, orchestrating our success services and providing best practices in areas such as Adoption, Business Metrics and Feature Usage. The end result is increased customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of the Nylas footprint.
- Partner with customers in developing their strategic direction
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Nylas features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Own ultimate responsibility for the customer’s success with our platform, subscription renewal and platform expansion.
- Promote maximum value from the customers investment in Nylas. Aim for full utilization of the complete API, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment and increased footprint.
- Help create and deliver Nylas Success Services such as Help & Training, Onboardings, Review Sessions, webinars etc.
- Lead senior customer stakeholders towards identifying their vision by evangelizing the capabilities of Nylas
- Effectively network within accounts from the C-Level down in order to achieve successful execution of the customer’s Blueprint, where appropriate.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business and technical goals and work with the team to build a risk mitigation plan.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of Nylas product and platform functionality
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation.
- Work with Account Management to deliver successful customers to upsell
Who You Will Work Closely With
- You will report to and work alongside the VP of Customer Success (Customers) formulating and executing on high-level strategy towards company goals
- Our Director of Customer Success (Customers) - coordinating on customer onboarding engagements, optimizing client outreach for account optimization, and ensuring client renewal.
- Our Product people - You will plays a valuable role in sharing customer feedback and connecting our product managers to customers for requirements gathering and feature testing.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Working knowledge of software development process and of software
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Strong knowledge of business processes(Sales, Marketing, Service, Support), business applications and automation
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
- Demonstrated familiarity with CRMs, recruiting tools, SaaS software and the overall SaaS markets
- Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating meetings and workshops
- Flexibility for travel (approx 20%)
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- The chance to work with a diverse set of customers
- The opportunity to join us in building a new category of business
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving team culture
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (encouraged 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
The Values That Guide The Nylas Customer Success Team
- Empathy - We care about our users and want them to be successful using Nylas
- Alignment - We foster collaboration across all teams at Nylas in order to deliver new solutions and ensure the ongoing reliability of our existing products.
- Curiosity - We understand how customers are using Nylas APIs and what we can do to ease adoption, implementation, and use.
- Gratitude - For every customer who reaches out with feedback there are often many others who don't. The time our customers take to reach out to us about a bug or a product improvement is gift.
- Promptness- We aim to provide prompt and thorough answers to all users and reduce information asymmetry.
- Proactivity - Customer support at Nylas isn't just about being responsive to tickets. Time out of the queue working on other projects is an important part of improving the customer and company experience.
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Read Full Job Description