Customer Success Specialist at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- We’ve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- We’re #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As a part of our fast-growing team you’ll continually innovate and iterate on how to bring best-in-class service to our customers. You’ll be on the front lines generating revenue by establishing qualified customers to send on their way to getting a “Better” mortgage. Unique to this role at Better is that you never cold call or prospect. Our technology generates warm leads (potential customers) that you are responsible for engaging and qualifying to move on in the mortgage process.
Your work will expose you to our full company: including our product, engineering, and marketing orgs. You will have the opportunity to share customer insight, improve Better's core technology and build and grow your own career within Better.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Getting on the phone and interacting with interested prospective customers
- Working with our sales teams to build a pipeline of customers
- Educating customers on what it takes to buy a home and partnering with them to make it happen
- Taking a consultative approach in helping customers overcome issues and achieve their goals
- Providing the best customer experience possible, which in turn will help you convert potential customers to Better customers
- 0 - 2+ years of experience (with pay and title commensurate with experience)
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion: If you don’t get excited about helping people get into and stay in the home of their dreams then this simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion: You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making: Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.