Customer Support Analyst (LATAM)
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for a Customer Support Analyst who will be the first line of defense for our Spanish speaking customers. Working with the Community and Customer Experience team at the NYC office, you'll be using your critical thinking and investigative skills to ensure we deliver the best customer experience to our Spanish speaking customers. Responsibilities include solving problems on a daily basis, assessing feedback and proposing solutions, and gaining a strong understanding of our LATAM market. Ultimately, you will help improve our product and our users’ experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Coordinate and handle customer complaint issues
- Assess customer feedback and take appropriate steps to improve customer experience
- Customer Service development (offer new solutions for existing problems, create new systems and functionality to increase job quality and efficiency)
- Work closely with our Latin America sales team and provide support to their clients
- Monitor users’ accounts and transactions to detect patterns and prevent fraudulent activity
- Track trading activity and take appropriate actions in accordance with company’s rules and regulations
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
What you’ll bring to this role:
- At least one year experience as a customer service representative, preferably in finance industry or E-commerce
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- An analytical mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and control time effectively
- Strong ability in using IT for professional use and can handle somewhat technical queries from customers
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Multi-lingual capability
- Experience with Zendesk or other customer experience tools
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Generous paid time off
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours