Customer Support Associate, 401(k) (Remote) at Betterment
You understand and can explain complex financial services and 401(k) principals in an easy to understand way to plan sponsors. You excel at helping people making better financial decisions and welcome the opportunity to change the way companies help their employees save for retirement.
You love exceeding client expectations, have strong attention to detail, and know what it means to champion a brand. You are the voice of the company for clients, and relish providing them with that “wow” moment in an area where they haven’t previously been delighted. You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal, and are very organized.
You will support the launch of 401(k) plans, helping plan sponsors onboard their company’s 401(k) plans to Betterment. You will lead the onboarding for plans and work cross-functionally with Sales and Operations to ensure smooth set up. You will also be the point-of-contact for ongoing support questions from plan sponsors.
This role is on the 401(k) Servicing team within Betterment for Business, Betterment’s 401(k) product.
This role is 100% remote. We are hiring in all states except: NY, NJ, PA, CT, CA, CO, WAA Day in the Life:
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service and experiences through email, phone and live chat
- Successfully assist our 401(k) plan sponsor clients with all questions, specifically as it relates to participants, recordkeeping, payroll administration, and compliance oversight
- Troubleshoot client issues and concerns, investigating why they happened, and communicating with multiple teams to find rapid resolutions
- Manage the onboarding of new Betterment 401(k) plans for employers
- Implement payroll integrations for onboarding and current 401(k) plans
- Be the internal voice of the 401(k) client to offer insights to Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to help build a better product
- Expertise with financial services, payroll, benefits or retail banking - 401(k) experience is a major plus!
- Strong desire to work in a startup environment with a scrappy, “can-do” attitude
- Interest in becoming a subject matter expert in 401(k)s and Betterment’s product
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to build rapport
- Ability to adapt, be creative, and learn
- Technical savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple complex systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.