Customer Support Associate at EquityZen
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
We are seeking a rising Customer Support Associate to help us improve the experience on our platform by providing direct support to our user base. You will be responsible for resolving incoming customer issues, assisting with the documentation of user pain points for the Product team, and identifying ways to improve the user experience. This is a great opportunity to get in on the early stage of a lean and growing team.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries, resolving issues within our target SLAs.
- Schedule and assist with user feedback sessions, helping build a rolodex of candidates for continued feedback sessions.
- Work with Customer Support/Product to identify patterns of confusion or friction, helping propose changes to the user experience to address the root cause of issues.
- Have a thorough understanding of our business, being able to guide users through the process.
- Work with our current tool set to enhance self service solutions to customer inquiries.
- Passion for being an advocate for users
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable addressing complex customer problems swiftly
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to analyze and use data to identify patterns in behavior.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take negative and/or constructive feedback from users.
- No previous full-time work experience required.
- Experience with Intercom.
- Familiarity with pre-IPO financial markets or alternative investments.
- Comfortable using data to communicate pain points.
- Written scripts and introduced processes to efficiently tackle user issues.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that tells us why you are excited about this role. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.