Customer Support Associate
Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges. Today, the Flatiron Health OncologyCloud™ platform includes the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, a first-of-its-kind analytics tool, patient portal, and integrated billing management. Our goal is to help cancer centers and life science companies leverage real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen, to advance cancer care and accelerate research.
This position primarily focuses on products and services for OncoEMR, our web-based, oncology-specific electronic medical record (EMR) system used by over 1,300 oncology clinicians every day to diagnose, treat and manage patients battling cancer.
The Customer Support Associate role focuses on providing phone support to our customers, fielding inbound phone calls from clients, documenting their questions and concerns, and routing these concerns to Customer Support Specialists who will assist with issue resolution and communication back to the client. Customer Support Associates are the first point of contact that many customers have with Flatiron, and so are essential representatives of the Flatiron brand, and critical participants in delivering a fantastic end-to-end experience for our customers. We’re seeking great verbal and written communicators who are excited to dramatically impact the provider experience, and to grow within the Customer Support organization and beyond at Flatiron.
- Field inbound phone requests from OncoEMR and OncoBilling clients
- Establish rapport with customers and ensure that their questions and concerns are clearly documented
- Escalate concerns to relevant individuals across the Customer Support team and beyond at Flatiron
- Properly manage and document all work performed as part of ticket queue management
- Be creative and help advance Flatiron oncology products in innovative ways
- Ensure timely case follow-up with all clients
- Be able to work independently and as well as in a team environment
- Quickly diagnose issues and ensure they are transferred to the appropriate team for follow up
- Develop and execute short-term actions to resolve complex client issues
- Provide emergency on-call support during non-business hours
- Occasional travel (1-4 times a year)
- Candidates must have very strong customer service experience (preferably in software/EMR support, or similar field)
- 1+ year of healthcare experience is preferred (oncology/hematology a plus)
- Proven ability to build rapport and trust with complex customers
- Proven ability to work individually or as part of a team to solve technical problems
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, superior time management skills
- Excellent and error-free written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree