Customer Support Generalist: Overnights & Weekends at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Please note: This role requires flexible working hours as well as nights and weekend work will be required. If you are unable to commit to this requirement, please do not apply.
Latch is seeking a Customer Support Generalist: Overnights and Weekends required. You will help drive the reactive support to fulfill and facilitate a successful customer journey. This requires functioning as a subject matter expert on Latch’s hardware and software products -- providing both written and verbal instruction for incoming customer support requests.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the Latch business model and Latch system
- Diligent, consistent attention to detail and management of administrative aspects of the job
- Demonstrate positive attitude and respect for coworkers and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers and co-workers
- Proactively seek guidance and direction from manager and co-workers when appropriate
- Assist manager in all miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned
- Maintain in depth and continuing understanding of company technology, products, and services
- Clearly explain access technology and product details to stakeholders via email and phone
- Provide quick, knowledgeable, and “best-in-class” customer service to all stakeholders
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries
- Keeping comprehensive records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints
- Assist in compiling, cleaning, and organizing large data sets as needed
- Provide backup support to other team members in the Customer Support Department
- Handle stressful situations with a proven ability to drive results under pressure and in the face of ambiguity
- Document topics and other clerical tasks in our internal support tools as assigned by manager
- Assist teammates in diagnosing and escalating issues our users encounter using Albert’s bug reporting system
- Participate in a rotating On Call schedule to satisfy evening and weekend coverage needs
- This is a nights and weekend job - the night shift is from 12am EDT - 8am EDT
- Bachelor's degree required
- Zendesk Experience required
- Jira Experience Required
- Software Administrative Experience Preferred
- Background in a highly technical customer experience, customer service, or operations role. Early stage startup experience is a plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Very comfortable on the phone
- A positive attitude and eagerness to get tasks done well, no matter how big or small
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems as needed
- High level of intuition, ability to prioritize tasks independently
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Experience in ecosystems containing hardware and software
- Problem-solver who understands how to work with varying types of stakeholders throughout the Customer Journey
- A people-person who enjoys talking with people and can remain calm during stressful times
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice