Customer Support Manager at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Customer Support Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
Our software and services work together to help community oncology practices manage their patient health and practice health. In this role, you will report to the Director of Customer Support and manage a team of customer support members, who support the company’s product portfolio and grow our impact on a practice’s needs. You'll work within Customer Support to empower community oncology clinicians and staff through empathy, knowledge, and timely assistance. In addition, you'll also:
- Manage the day-to-day workflows of a team of Customer Support agents, including task assignment, metrics tracking and ensuring that customers are seeing timely and quality case resolution
- Deliver feedback, coaching and support to team members in their day-to-day duties, customer service approach, and personal career development
- Quickly diagnose issues and ensure they are transferred to the appropriate team for follow up
- Analyze performance and customer data to provide recommendations for process, operational, and structural changes for the benefit of the team, customers, product and overall organization
- Assist in the management of client accounts, collaborating on scalable methods for tracking features, bugs and enhancement requests
- Help resolve complex and challenging client issues
- Work closely with the support and cross-functional team leaders to strengthen both the broader customer success organization and the company’s community oncology software and services business.
You manage a support, healthcare, or billing team and have experience working at a medical practice or technology company enabling issue resolution/problem-solving, driving process improvement, and implementing new workflows. You have robust project management skills with demonstrated success in bringing highly complex, cross- functional projects to completion.
- You have 3+ years managing a customer service or success team (preferably in enterprise software or healthcare/practice management support)
- You have 5+ years of people management experience
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team/cross-functional environment to impact the overall customer experience
- You have analytical skills and a data-driven approach to decision-making
- You have strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, and the ability to drive cross-functional initiatives
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, jump in to problem-solve, demonstrate initiative, have an appetite to learn
- You are able to travel to client sites as needed (approximately once every 2-3 months)
Overall, you're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact. If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- You have extensive knowledge of medical practice business and economics, including in billing/revenue cycle management
- You have experience in a technology/SaaS organization within a fast-paced growing environment (experience with EHRs is a plus)
- You have worked at an oncology practice before
- You have a Hematology and Oncology Medical Coding certification
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.